Eternal Magic

"The truth is, Ur's still alive." Gray admitted. We had paused to hear Gray's story. I narrowed my eyes as I crossed my arms.

"What do you mean?" Erza asked.

"It's been ten years." Gray said as we continued to walk again. "Deliora attacked my home town. I've never seen such destruction. The whole place was wiped out in less than a day. Ur and Lyon found me. They pulled me from the rubble. I promised to end Deliora. That vow is how it all began." We arrived at the temple again, and I cocked an eyebrow.

"Hey, guys?" Lucy called softly, tilting her head. "Is it just me, or does that temple look a little crooked right now?"

"What happened to it?" Happy wondered.

"I'm guessing Natsu." Gray said.

"Me too." Erza agreed.

"I hope he did that on purpose." I stated, crossing my arms. "Because for once, he was smart. With the temple tilted like that, the Moon Drip won't reach Deliora."

"You mean his habit of destroying stuff actually came in useful for once?" Lucy asked.

"My head's stuck!" Happy complained. "Looking sideways at that crooked temple hurt my neck!" My ears twitched.

"Everyone down!" I ordered. Everyone hit the deck, managing to dodge some shurikens that appeared from the trees.

"Who's there?" Erza demanded.

"We've tracked you down, Fairy Tail!" Someone said. I sniffed, and my nose told me that those were the people who cast the Moon Drip spell last night.

"We won't allow you to interfere." Another spat.

"Not these guys." Gray snapped.

"Lyons minions?" Erza guessed.

"We're practically surrounded." I said, shifting back slightly so I was in front of Lucy.

"I can handle this myself." Erza stated, lifting a hand and summoning a sword.

"You sure?" Garay asked her.

"I'll take care of them, you go and settle things with Lyon."

"Be safe Gray." I said, letting black magic lick my fingertips. "I'm gonna stay here and fight."

"You just go and do what you gotta do." Lucy added, pulling her whip from her side and snapping it.

"Thanks you guys." Gray said before turning and running.

"Lucy, stay close." I said to her, looking at the other blonde. "I don't want you getting hurt."

"Yeah." Lucy said with a nod. And with that, we advanced.