To Keep From Seeing Those Tears

I flew into the Jupiter Cannon's barrel, and watched as Natsu broke the Lacrima that was charging it's next shot. The entire thing blew up around me, though I flew around debris as the air cleared. "Hey, buddy!" Natsu called at someone. "Somebody taught me something about Fire Magic that you should know. You can never control Fire if your heart isn't in it." Natsu lit his hands. "I've had enough of you messing with my magic! Play with my fire and you're bound to get burned. You got me?!" Suddenly, the ground started to rumble. I raised an eyebrow as Natsu freaked out. "Hey now, what the heck's going on!?"

"The whole place is tilting!" Happy cried.

"He's awakening it right now?" A voice wondered. "But there's no horizontal stabilisation in here!"

"Stabali-what?" Natsu asked. Suddenly, the entire room tilted, throwing Natsu to the side.

"You Fairy Tailers are through! Phantom's giant will slaughter you." I flew up to the voice and grabbed the unknown man, gripping his shirt and slamming him into the wall. He let out a pained groan as his head snapped against the wall.

"Where is Jose?" I demanded.

"I won't ever tell you, Fairy Scum!" The man spat at me. I sighed, and then tossed him out the broken wall. I flew down and landed next to a motion sick Natsu.

"Take him back down to the others." I said to Happy. "He'll be more useful down there with Jose's shades. Besides, if this thing starts moving again, Natsu could get hurt or worse." Happy nodded. He grasped the back of Natsu's vest and flew off.

"Hey, Yami." Gray's voice echoed. I turned and saw him and Elfman standing in the rubble. "So is this all that's left of the Jupiter Cannon?" He asked.

"Yeah, I think Natsu was able to break it." I said as I walked to the edge of the rubble. I could see the lines for a Magic Circle being drawn by the large Phantom Giant. "This isn't good you guys, the Giant's writing an Abyss Break Magic Circle." I turned to them. "I estimate about ten minutes give or take, at the speed it's drawing."

"I guess we should split up and start looking for this thing's power source, right?" Gray wondered.

"Man, are we ever gonna catch a break?" Elfman muttered.

"Stop complaining, Elfman, we have to do this." I told him. "If you won't, I will, I'll gladly take down all of Phantom, if it means Lucy is safe."

"You're really keen on keeping Lucy safe, aren't you?" Gray wondered.

"Yeah, so what?" I snapped. "You should be too! Just go and take out Phantom before I do, because I'll kill them!" I then stormed out of the room. I so desperately wanted to go back. I wanted to go and be by Lucy's side, but I trusted Reedus and Fairy Tail to keep her safe.

I would do anything to protect Lucy, and if I had to tear Phantom Lord down brick by brick, so be it.