Lucy Heartfilia

The next minutes were chaos, Fairy Tail sweeping the floor with the Phantom Lord members until a crash drew our attention. My head snapped up when a new scent became sharper. It was metallic with the distinct smell of a Dragon. A man with long black hair and piercings up his arms glared down at us from the cracked Phantom Lord sign over the bar. "It's the Iron Dragon Slayer." Erza stated. "Black Steel Gajeel."

"You attacked Levy!" Nab shouted, appearing behind Gajeel and readying a punch. Gajeel retaliated by turning his arm into a large steel beam and hitting Nab in the chest, dragging him across the stone floor and knocking Nab into other members of Phantom Lord.

"What the-?" Gray demanded. "He just knocked out his own Guild Mates with that attack!" Gajeel snickered as he jumped down in front of us with a smirk.

"Show me what you got." He ordered, his arm returning to normal. "Unless you scum are too scared to face the great Iron Dragon Slayer!"

"Too scared?" Elfman demanded as he leapt forward, his arm transforming as he did. "Real men have no fear!" Gajeel turned his arm into a steel pole again, blocking Elfman's stone fist.

"You're Elfman, right?" The two traded blows until Elfman caught Gajeel's foot which he had turned into a steel pole. "Ah, not bad big guy."

"Well, that's because I'm a real man!" Elfman declared.

"Yeah, then see how a real man handles this!" Gajeel willed more steel poles to expand from his legs, not hitting Elfman, but more of his own guildmates.

"You attacked your own men?!"

" 'Cuse I knew it'd distract you!" Gajeel sent another iron arm into Elfman's face and knocked him back. Natsu, noticing this opening, used Elfman as a springboard to launch himself into Gajeel and send him crashing into the Phantom Lord bar. Seeing that Natsu had it handled, I turned back to my own fight. My hands erupted in black magic, clawing at the Phantom Lord members, ignoring the mess that Gajeel and Natsu were making. The fight continued on, but a rumble caused everyone to pause, I grinned.

"What's going on?" A Phantom member asked.

"This is what happens when Master Makarov's angry." Cana said.

"Giants Wrath." I stated. "No one can stop him."

"Prepare to fight!" Erza declared. "We can not lose as long as Master Makarov is with us!"

"Right!" Fairy Tail choroused. We continued to fight until there was a crash behind us, and I turned, my heart stopping at the pale green figure that was lying on the floor.

"It's Gramps!" Natsu gasped.

"Is he ok?" Grey demanded.

"Master!" Erza exclaimed. I stopped my fight and ran over to him.

"Master, are you ok?" I demanded.

"My power is..." Master Makarov trailed off weakly as Erza brought him into her arms. "My Magic Power is..."

"Master, calm down." Erza pleaded.

"What happened to him?" Cana asked.

"I don't know." Gray admitted. "But I don't sense any Magical Energy coming from him at all."

"Gray, are you saying he's just an ordinary old man now?" Elfman asked.

"No, that can't be!" Happy cried.

"Come on Gramps, you can pull through this!" Natsu stated.

"I don't understand." Gray said. "Gramps is so powerful, how'd they beat him?"

"The only way to find out is to go up there." Elfman stated, turning his eyes upwards. With Master Makarov's defeat, the Phantom Lord mages started to get a new wave of enthusiasm, and they started to take out some of us."Everyone, retreat!" I shouted, "Everyone return to Magnolia, now!" Everyone turned to me, starting to protest. "Listen to yourselves! None of us stand a chance against Jose if we're out fighting Phantom Lord, everyone! Return to Fairy Tail now!" Fairy Tail, heeding my instructions, started to abandon their fights.

"So, what happened with that Lucy girl?" I heard Gajeel ask, and my eyes widened, and my heart stopped.

"She's been captured." Someone reported. "The poor wretch is being held in a gloomy cell at Headquarters."

"So much for giving her a warm welcome, huh?"

"No..." I snarled. "Gajeel!" I roared, glaring up at the Iron Dragon Slayer that hid in the rafters. Gajeel could only smirk as he and the unknown man disappeared.

"Everybody out! Let's go!" Erza shouted.

"I'm not goin' back yet!" Gray protested. "I won't leave until I get revenge! They gotta pay for what they did to us!" As everyone raced out of the Guild, I grabbed a Phantom Member and yanked him up to my eyeline. My eyes turned a dangerous blue as I glared at him, the man turning white as a sheet.

"You." I grumbled lowly. "Tell me where My Lucy is."

The man who I had grabbed, he gave up Lucy's location quickly, and I stalked through the rocky mountains around Oak Town

The man who I had grabbed, he gave up Lucy's location quickly, and I stalked through the rocky mountains around Oak Town. I looked up at the towering building and sniffed the air. I caught Lucy's scent easily. My wings unfurled from my back, the black and blue appendages catching the wind easily as I flew up, noticing Lucy standing at the edge of a window high up. My eyes were set firmly in a glare as I appeared behind Lucy, Jose Porla standing behind her. My eyes were trained solely on him, and he knew he was screwed. He was clutching his family jewels but paled even more when he saw me. "Back away from My Lucy." I snarled at him, prompting Jose to shuffle back. I flew slightly forward, slicing the rope off Lucy's wrist before collecting her in my arms. She curled into me, her face buried in my shoulder as her arms tightened around my neck. I turned around and flew off. "Are you ok?" I asked, glancing down at Lucy as I flew. "It seems I made it just in time...I'm so relieved..."

"I think I'm ok...thank you." Lucy muttered. "I knew you'd save me."

"I'm glad you're ok. We have to head back to the Guild, we ended up retreating...and Master Makarov is suffering from severe onset MDD." Lucy started to take shaky breaths.

"I'm sorry...I'm so sorry." She sobbed. "All of this, everything, it's my fault. But I don't want to leave, I want to stay with you. 'Cause I love being in Fairy Tail." Lucy lifted her eyes and I took in a sharp breath. She had tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Who said you had to leave?" I asked. "And none of this is your fault, ok? Whatever the reason for Phantom's sudden attack is your fault, not in the slightest."

"The truth is...I'm Lucy Heartfilia." Lucy admitted to me. "I ran away from home, and now...my Father wants me back. He hired Phantom Lord to take me back."

"I won't let that happen." I promised. "You're a member of Fairy Tail, we won't let you be taken. I swear to you, Lucy, I'll protect you." Lucy curled more into me, pressing her face into my neck. I rested my cheek on her hair, keeping her protected in my arms.