Dear Kaby

I continued to run through Everlue's mansion, my nose leading me towards Lucy. Lucy's scent descended into the sewers underneath the building. I saw Everlue clutching Lucy's arms, leaning over er and pulling them at an odd ankle. "Hands off her!" I roared, my pulling my fist back and socking Everlue across the cheek, knocking him away from Lucy. I landed in a crouch in front of her. Happy landed in between us.

"Yami!" Lucy gasped, slowly getting up.

"You alright Luce?" I asked, glaring at Everlue.

"Yeah, just a little sore." Lucy then pulled out a key, "Looks like the tables have turned, but if you let me keep the book I'll think about going easy on you. Although I'm tempted to give you a good smack."

"Oh...a Celestial Wizard." Everlue mused, "But for a reader, you seem to be a bit deficient in your terms of phrase. The tables have turned implies that the weaker party has rallied to claim victory. But there's no way you two girls and that cat could ever defeat me and my Diver Magic. Bo-yo-yo-yo-yo-yo-yo-yo!" Everlue then disappeared into the ground.

"So he does that using Magic?" Happy wondered. "I had no idea Everlue was a Wizard too!" I heard a small noise next to us, so I grabbed Lucy and I dodged all of Everlue's attacks.

"Look, I know the whole story now." Lucy stated, holding the book high, "It's a horrible adventure novel about a trashy little character named Duke Everlue!"

"You serious?"

"I don't know that I'd call the protagonist trashy." Everlue said, disappearing into the ground. However, his voice echoed through the sewer. "But yes, the story itself is crap! And to think it was written by the great Kemu Zaleon!" Everlue burst out of the ground in front of Lucy and I. I jumped Lucy and I backwards. "Inexcusable!"

"I can't believe your arrogance." Lucy stated, "You forced him to write it!"

"Arrogant, moi? The word doesn't begin to apply!" I noticed all the holes situated around the room, and the small amount of debris falling from the ceiling. "To tell my story's an honour, no matter what the circumstances!"

"Then why'd you have to blackmail him into it?"

"He what?" I questioned.

"What's the big deal?" Everlue stated, popping up behind us and causing Lucy, Happy and I to turn. "He just needed some extra encouragement to take the job.

"Oh really." Lucy asked sarcastically.

"Any fool would have jumped at the chance to have me as their muse." Everlue started to swim through the concrete. "But he had the audacity to say no." Everlue's arm appeared behind us and we turned again. "So I gave him the added inspiration in the form of an ultimatum. Write the novel or his family would be stripped of their citizenship."

"You bastard." I growled, "That would have hindered their ability to work, their whole livelihoods would have have been uprooted!"

"So you really have the power to do that?" Happy asked.

"I have the power to do anything!" Everlue declared. I could feel the ground move, and I pulled Happy and Lucy back and out of the way. "I got him to write it, didn't I? But I didn't like his attitude, so I decided he'd do best writing from a prison cell. Bo-yo-yo! He went on and on about being a brilliant novelist who would never give in to threats, but in the end, I got what I wanted!" Everlue then started to bounce around the room, and the three of us barely managed to dodge him.

"I can't believe you'd go that far just to boost your own stupid ego." Lucy scolded. "He was in solitary confinement for three years! Don't you know how hard that must have been?"

"Three whole years?" Happy repeated. There was an explosion in front of us and we all jumped back.