Moon Drip

The five of us gazed up at the demon encased in ice. "Deliora..." Gray said, his voice almost a brutal growl.

"You sure this is the demon your Master sealed away?" Natsu asked.

"There's no doubt about it."

"Why would someone go through all the trouble of bringing it all the way here." I wondered, crossing my arms. "Galuna Island is really far from the Northern Continent."

"You don't think this demon could have something to do with the Island's Curse, do you?" Lucy wondered.

"I wouldn't be surprised if it did." Gray said. "It may be enclosed in ice, but that thing's still alive."

"Sweet!" Natsu exclaimed. "Give me a go at it! I ain't afraid of no stupid demon!"

"You know, brute force isn't the only way to solve a problem, Natsu." Lucy commented.

"A little fire 'ought to do the trick." Gray then turned on Natsu and socked him in the jaw, knocking the pink-haired boy back.

"Gray just punched Natsu!" Happy exclaimed.

"This wouldn't be the first time he's done that." Lucy told him.

"What's the deal?" Natsu demanded. "What'd you hit me for Gray?"

"I don't want you and your flames anywhere near it." Gray said. By the look in his eyes, I could tell he was serious. "If that ice melts and Deliora is revived, there's no way we'd be able to stop it."

"Come on, do you really think a huge chunk of ice would be that easy to melt?"

"No..."

"Hey, Gray." I called softly, stepping towards him. "Is everything alright?"

"I'm the one who got hit for no good reason!" Natsu exclaimed. "Watch your temper man!"

"Please, you're one to talk." Happy said.

"Many years ago, my master, Ur, cast a spell called Iced Shell on this demon, enclosing it in a form of ice that can't be melted." My breath caught in my throat, Iced Shell? No wonder Gray doesn't want it to be melted. "It's so strong that even the most powerful flame spells have no effect on it. If they knew that the Ice couldn't be melted, then why'd they bring it here?"

"Maybe they didn't know." Lucy commented. "They might have brought it here to try and melt it somehow."

"But why would they do that?!"

"I have no idea!"

"I just don't get it." Gray said. "Who would bring Deliora here? And more importantly, why?"

"We need answers." Natsu stated. "Let's go find those guys."

"Yeah, ok." Lucy agreed.

"No!" Gray ordered. "We're gonna stay here and wait."

"What's waiting here going to do?" I asked him.

"For the moon to come out."

"It's the middle of the afternoon!" I exclaimed, "That's gonna take forever!"

"Why does the moon matter?" Lucy wondered.

"I have a feeling that the Curse on this island and Deliora are somehow connected to it. And I heard those guys we saw earlier say something about collecting moonlight."

"I heard that too. I guess waiting 'till nightfall is the only way we're gonna find out what's going on."

"I'm not waitin'!" Natsu exclaimed. "We got work to do!" Natsu fell asleep in a matter of seconds.