Phantom Lord

Our group ran as fast as we could, passing a couple people here and there, but as we neared the Guild Hall, more people appeared and the scent of iron got closer and closer. Natsu then gasped. "You smell it too, don't you?" I asked. Natsu's face fell into a mask of calm and he nodded.

"Yeah." He said. We glanced around at the people of Magnolia as they whispered, pointing to us.

"Why is everyone staring at us?" Gray questioned.

"It's not the good kind of staring." Happy admitted.

"It feels like pity." Erza commented. I lifted my gaze and I froze, my eyes widening. I was right, the iron scent was coming from the Guild...which seemed to be impaled with what looked to be iron clubs from almost every angle. "What...why does the Guild look so bizarre?" We eventually made it to the Guild, and...it was destroyed...

"No way..." Gray trailed off.

"What's happened to it?" Erza demanded.

"No, I don't understand." Lucy trailed off.

"Our Guild..." Natsu growled. "Someone did this to our Guild!"

"But who would do such a thing?" Erza asked.

"It was Phantom." A voice said from behind us. I turned to see Mira looking at us with sad eyes.

"Are you serious?" Gray demanded.

"You mean Phantom did this?" Natsu asked, a murderous look crossing his face.

"We couldn't do anything to stop them." Mira admitted softly. "They got us good." She lead us downstairs into Fairy Tail's basement where everyone had gathered. Lucy was clutching my arm, and she was trembling a little. I set my hand on hers to give her some comfort as we approached Master Makarov who greeted us warmly.

"Yo." He said. "Wassap kids?" He was drunk.

"Sorry we weren't here sooner." Erza apologised.

"Why the heck are you all just sittin around down here!" Natsu demanded with a clenched fist.

"Oh, your right." Master Makarov slurred. He seemed to collect his senses for a moment. "You people stole an S-Class Quest and went off without permission! You will be punished! I will dole out your punishment! Prepare yourselves!"

"There is no time for that!" Master Makarov extended his hand and chopped each of our heads, except Lucy, who I realised Master Makarov was about to slap her butt, but I caught it before it could reach her, gripping it tightly. Master Makarov grimaced, and retracted his hand once I had released it.

"Master, stop that right now." Mira huffed.

"Master, do you understand the gravity of the situation?" Erza asked.

"The Guild Hall has been completely destroyed." Natsu reminded him.

"There's no need to get yourselves all worked up." Master Makarov informed us, his slur returning. "It's not the end of the world or anything." Master Makarov took a big gulp of his beer.

"What?" Gray breathed.

"Just goes to show you how cowardly those dunderheads in the Phantom Lord Guild really are. They struck when no one was here. Is that anything worth bragging about?"

"So the Guild Hall was entirely empty?" I confirmed.

"It was after everyone had already left for the night." Mira said.

"I suppose we can be thankful for that." Erza muttered. "At least no one in our Guild was hurt in the attack."

"We shouldn't trouble ourselves worrying about people who don't even have the guts to face us head on." Master Makarov stated. "Forget about those fools!" Natsu punched a hole in a crate.