The Heart of a Dragon

I strolled through Phantom Lord, hunting for Jose. If he was gone, this whole thing would be over and done with, Lucy would be safe. I eventually made it to the main hall. I felt a pressure of air shoot towards me but I stepped to the side to avoid it. I followed it with my eyes and saw a figure form in front of me. "How sad." His voice echoed through the empty main hall. "I will make your wings of scales wither and fall, and all that will remain is a Dragon's corpse." The man appeared in front of me, wearing a large green cloak and a purple cloth around his shoulder. He wore a green hat, and his eyes were covered by a cloth.

"Aria of the Element Four." I greeted. "I suggest you get out of my way, I'm here to fight Jose."

"Unfortunately, I can't let you pass. I've come in hopes of hunting a Dragon."

"You have one more chance to leave, Aria." I slid into a fighting stance. Aria shot an attack at me, I dodged, shooting toward him. We traded blows for a moment, and we ended up on either end of the room again.

"You've endured my attacks and you're still standing." Aeia commented. "Very impressive."

"I don't care all." I said. "You're a nuisance, Aria, I can swat you away like a fly but I find you amusing."

"Let's see how you fare against my Airspace Magic!" Aria lifted his hands. "This will truly test your power!" I sucked in a deep breath, sucking in the Magic. I felt my strength building up again. "You're much stronger than I thought, Shadow."

"I am stronger than a lot of people think. But, I should tell you that underestimating me, and the rest of my family, is a bad idea, because we never give up." I let black magic lick at my fists. "So, I'm giving you once. Last. Chance. Let me by, or you'll die by my hands." Aria shot another attack at me, though it seems it hadn't gotten through to him, and I ate the Magic.

"You're still standing after my attack." Aria said. "Very impressive."

"It seems all you have up in your hair is air, Aria. Because you haven't landed a single attack on me!"

"Airspace Sever!" I felt the magic spotting up near me and I darted around the room, dodging the attack. "There's always someone better than you, young Dragon Slayer."

"I'm a lot older than I look. Black Dragon Roar!" I breathed the attack around the room, but Aria seemed to dodge it.

"I shall end this with a gift. I will allow you to join your Mater in his suffering." I felt the air behind me change. "Airspace Drain!" He shouted.

"Black Dragon Crushing Fang!" I roared, turning around and slamming my hand into Aria's gut. He let out a pained groan, my Magic blasted through his back, and then he fell, landing with a thud that echoed through the room. I straightened up.

"So that was him?" A voice asked. I turned and saw Erza walking into the room.

"Yeah, that's him." I told him. "He's out for the count. You feeling better?"

"I'm ok." Erza assured me.

"If that's the case, I'm going to look for Jose." I told her. I turned away from Erza. "If we get rid of him then-"

"Attention you pathetic Fairy Tail worms!" Jose's scratchy voice came through the intercom. "Listen carefully because I'll only say this once!" A scream of pain echoed through the speakers. My heart stopped. Lucy. "We have captured your precious Lucy Heartfelia!" My fists started to shake as I clenched them tight. "Which means our first order of business is now out of the way. And that leaves us with just one more thing, my favourite part, wiping all of you miserable brats right off the face of the Earth!"

"How dare he!" I roared. "If he huers my Lucy, I will kill him!"

"...go find her." Erza said.

"Oh I will." I snarled. "And I'm going to rip her attacker limb from limb." I stomped off, black magic escaping from my clenched fists and out of my mouth. I followed my nose, and eventually spelt a strong metallic scent above me...and... I looked up at the ceiling and sucked in a deep breath. "Black Dragon Roar!" I blasted a hole through the ceiling and into the room above me. I lept up, my Magic whipping my hair back and forth. "Gajeel!" I roared. The Iron Dragon Slayer jumped back, glaring at me.

"So I was right." Gajeel mused. "I knew I smelt her here."

"It's Yami..." Lucy breathed.

"You'll pay for what you've done to my Lucy!" I screamed.