Chapter 1: Her Life

I stretched my arms and sat up on the bed, rubbing my eyes. Kazuha was already up and moving about in the living room, his soft humming sounding along with his steady footsteps. A beautiful Sunday morning it was. No studying made me happy. I'd moved in with Kazuha after getting engaged to him. We were both still university students, so we planned to get married after graduation.

I slid off my bed and walked out the door, into the living room. Kazuha was perched on the sofa in the living room, sipping coffee while reading the newspaper. His expression was calm and focused as always.

"Good morningg, Kazuha-chan!" I hugged him, and he blushed lightly, trying to control his expression. He held my hands with his, gripping my hands gently.

"Good morning, Lumine." his soft morning voice made my heart thump in joy. I placed my chin on his shoulder, and kissed his cheek lightly. He turned red again, then kissed me softly as well, before turning back to his newspaper. Something about a serial killer.

"Dark stuff." I remarked. He nodded before pointing to the article. It was gruesome news, death and whatnot. We'd experienced that stuff back in high school, and I really hoped we'd never have to, ever again.

"The serial killer's name is unknown, but they leave the note - 'snow', on the faces of every victim they kill. It is as if they want fame." Kazuha said, with a disgusted face.

"Thats creepy." I buried my head in his hair. I felt his hand lightly stroke my hair, and relaxed my posture.

"Be careful when you go out. This is happening in areas near ours." Kazuha pecked my cheek. I felt my heart stiffen and a chill creep up my spine. I'd gone through life-death situations before. I didn't want to go through it a second time.

"Mm." I agreed with him as I slowly pulled away and fidgeted with my engagement ring as I made my way to the kitchen, and grabbed a cup of coffee and sandwiches lying in the oven. Kazuha was the cook of our house, as I was kind of horrible at it. Whatever Kazuha made, it was always top tier stuff.

Old memories came rushing through my head. Would it have been different if Childe had been with me? Would he have been here as a friend or something else? If he hadn't been dead, we would've been friends, even now. He'd given up his life for the sake of someone like me. Just like my brother had once did. The death of everyone close to me had completely broken me, and I wouldn't have been able to get out of that spot were it not for Kazuha. My future husband, my lover, my everything.

Xingqiu's death had been unprecedented as well, and it had taken three years for Hu Tao to recover from the loss. She'd gone in a horrible state of depression, and had been hospitalized. In October, Chongyun had confessed to her and they'd gotten together. As for Ayaka and Thoma, they were to be married next spring. Xiao and Ganyu had come over with Professor Zhongli once, and exchanged their numbers with me. Xiao was kind of edgy, but Kazuha said he was a good person. Ganyu was a sweet girl, and I'd gotten closer to her. I'd heard Fischl was going out with Bennett and Lulu was still a single man.

I seriously missed the days at the student council. When we'd do work together, joke around and be together almost all day, working and laughing. It was seriously nostalgic. I was still a student, but nowadays, I had to study like crazy and didn't have time for anything at all.

I walked back to Kazuha after finishing breakfast and sat down beside him, resting my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around me, other arm holding the newspaper. I chuckled as I kissed his shoulder, then closed my eyes as I inhaled his calming scent and shut my mind off.

A/N: Welcome back y'all earthlings. DID YOU MISS ME?! AWWWW.

Anyways, ehem, tis not a Kazoo Lumi fic, its ChiLumi, I promise, and welcome back, have fun UWU.