Chapter 13: His Past (3)

Baal unsheathed her katana and stood in front of them. Most of the guards had been put to sleep, and the rest had been disposed of by us. This was the final round. The one we had to defeat was before us. No mistakes were allowed now.

"We give you a final chance to surrender." Kokomi declared. Baal laughed at her words.

"Surrender? I shall not fall so low so as to surrender to the likes of you. But strike you down, I shall, for all of you are enemies of eternity!" she thundered. I unsheathed my own katana as I waited for the signal.

"In formation, comrades!" Kokomi ordered. They all fell in formation and headed towards Baal, who desperately tried to fight back, but failed. Suddenly, an arrow flew towards Kokomi. It was an archer. Beidou flew in between.

"Beidou!" I rushed towards her. Her breathing was now erratic, and she had every sign of someone who was about to die.

"Kid . . ." she smiled as she looked at me, before every sign of life left her eyes as well. I wiped my tears away as I stood up, unmoving. Ayato had tied up the archer and brought her down.

"Why would you go so far for something so ridiculous as eternity? What is the eternity you wished for?" I questioned as I looked at Beidou's lifeless body. It felt like my heart was being torn to pieces yet again. First Tomo, then Beidou. Just why?

"It seems its true about how you're an unfeeling demon, who cares not about anyone." Sara chuckled. Ayato glared at her menacingly.

"You shall never know. Not the likes of you. But maybe, one day, you might come to understand." Baal spoke.

||

Ayato had died not soon after of a disease, which had been a better end for him. I still remembered my days with the Resistance. Taking lives, wandering. I was way past those times, but I still remembered them.

Not able to hate or avenge, I had been called a monster. But maybe this was just my fate. I wasn't disgusted or horrified with who I was. I would get the answers someday. I looked at the 'snow' note that had been retrieved from the corpses. When suddenly, I remembered something.

Snow. Snezhnaya. Childe. The Fatui.

A/N: Lonely babu vs tortured babu wars begin.