Chapter 15: Her Apology

A/N: Above is Kazuha drawing by author lmao. Literally learning to draw just to draw 100+ fanarts of Kazuha. Kazuha drawing ft. author with Faber Castell colour pencils.

"Sorry for yelling at you, Kazuha." I apologized as soon as he came back from work later that week. He was finally off the investigation team, and would return to university. Thoma had been let out of custody, cleared of all suspicion, while Childe, the main suspect, had been put behind bars.

"Its okay." Kazuha smiled at me as he sat down on the sofa, probably exhausted from work. "How's uni?" he asked me.

"The usual. Problematic." I giggled. I sat down beside him, and leaned onto him. He welcomed the gesture as he pulled me close.

"I see." he replied.

"Kazuha, I just wanna talk about something."

"Go on."

"Why are you always so calm?"

Kazuha's face paled at my question, as if an arrow had stabbed him in the heart a thousand times, then wrung it out. I placed my hand on his cheek lightly as I looked at his crimson eyes.

"I don't know. Some say calmness is a virtue of the saints, but personally, I find it a curse of the devils." he caressed his bandaged hand. I already knew of the awful burn scars behind those bandages.

"Did anyone say anything bad about it?"

"You guessed it." he chuckled. I felt guilty for feeling the same.

"I'm sorry for being such a burden on you." I apologized.

"You're not a burden. You're whats keeping me alive." he smiled.

"Cheesy but I like it." I smiled back.

I needed no one other than Kazuha. He was the piece that made my life perfect, and that would never change.

I love you.