Chapter 10: Her Death (A)

I opened my eyes at night and headed out of my room. The servants were on strike today, so the Kamisato estate was empty. It was dark and eerie tonight, like a haunted mansion. I caressed the marks on my cheeks, which were burnt from crying. My silver hair was unkempt and my face unladylike. I had to fix myself up before tomorrow. I had to look perfect.

My thoughts wandered from Lulu's death to Thoma. I'd seriously been harsh to him. Loss of boyfriend or not, I shouldn't have done that. He was a human with feelings too, and I couldn't believe I'd done that. He must have been so hurt.

I was happy he'd forgiven me, but I knew that he was still hurting somewhere. I wanted to better things with him. Maybe I should just give him a chance. It was so hard, honestly. I couldn't give up my previous love. I probably wouldn't ever be able to. I couldn't move on. But I didn't want Thoma to suffer because of me.

Me and Thoma were very similar. Heirs to a huge company, rich parents who expected perfection from us and nothing else, and friendless lives with no trace of familial love. We'd bonded well, and our families had taken that opportunity to announce our marriage to unify their companies and get more income. Absolute trash was what that contract was.

But instead of talking to Thoma about it, and working with him on it, I'd chosen to keep everything a secret and hurt him. It was something I shouldn't have done. That rendered me trash, whether I liked it or not.

I looked out at the serene moonlight, but instead of feeling calm, I felt chills run down my spine. I felt like I should go to my parents' room. As if my sixth sense was beckoning me. Moments later, I heard an earsplitting scream from the direction of their room. I ran towards their room as fast as I could, and swung open the door.

Inside the room, was a sight that sickened me to my stomach. The horribly mangled corpses of my parents lay on the ground, with a note 'snow' on top of them. They lay in a glimmering, horrifying pool of their own blood. And standing near them were two people. A hooded figure and . . . Thoma.

"You're the one who killed Lulu. And now, you're going to kill me. I should never have trusted you." I spoke, backing away slowly. It'd been their ploy all along. They wanted the Kamisato company.

"I think you're misunderstanding something here, Aya-chan. I wasn't the one who killed Lulu, nor am I gonna kill you. It'll be this one here." he pointed to the hooded figure, who shifted slightly.

"DIDN'T YOU SAY YOU LOVED ME?" I yelled, my near death becoming apparent. I could try and run, but for some reason, I didn't try. Maybe I wanted to die.

"I never did." Thoma answered with a bored look on his face. "Go, partner." he waved at the hooded figure, who approached me slowly, like a grim reaper.

My eyes brimmed with tears as the figure came closer and closer. Knife raised in the air, ready to attack. At least this way, I'd be reunited with Lulu. I wouldn't need to suffer anymore. I smiled slightly in a way that scared myself. The knife rose and plunged into my chest, hitting my heart. I collapsed into a heap in the floor, as pain coursed through my body, and blood flew out like water from a tap. And before I took my final breath, I saw something shocking. No one was safe. Because-

I saw golden hair.

The killer.

My killer, my family's killer, Lulu's killer.

It was Lumine herself.