Chapter 7: His Memories

When I was almost killed, I felt it was the end. But there must be a cruel God up there somewhere, waiting to strike me with his luck, and prolong my wretched life even more.

The one I used to call an assistant stood before me, black eyes emotionless like a spiraling abyss. On the table beside her were tools of torture, things I'd only ever used in my life. They'd never been used on me once. My hands and legs were pathetically bound by chains. I could have broken out of even those due to the amount of strength I possessed, but the injuries on my body rendered me weak and powerless.

"Stop." I mouthed, but no answer came from the woman. She just kept staring, like some sort of devil. It was as if she wasn't even human. But I guess that could be said about most humans, including me. There's a point during your life as a serial killer that you forget about others' well being, and find happiness in their suffering instead. I had that feeling too, and so did she. Our souls were sadistically twisted in a way that was eternally sickening.

She picked up a shredder, and placed it near my fingers, starting the switch. The blades started spinning around, digging into my flesh. Blood poured out, and pain coursed through my body, as I let out a sharp cry of pain. The sight of my own hands felt so sickening that I felt like throwing up. Normally, I was used to scenes like this, I'd even been the reason for it, but this was something different. This was being done on me. My breath came out in a way that was haggard, and extremely weak. What was my strength even useful for? I was still that same useless boy from my childhood, nothing had changed at all.

Lumine POV:

After Kazuha arrived, things had become much better. He was good at talking to and convincing others, and he explained to her calmly, to make up with Thoma and search together for the murderer. She'd agreed after much persuasion on his part, and gone to look for Thoma.

"Amazing as always, President." I called him by his former title, which made him chuckle and rest his head on my shoulder. His next words were alarming.

"You know, when I told you I'd one day tell you about my past? I feel like I can tell you now. I've finally gained the courage, so, promise you won't hate me." he held my hand. I shook my head furiously.

"I'd never hate you. Go ahead!" I urged him. He nodded slightly and started to narrate his story.

Kazuha flashback:

It was at around midnight when he awoke. It was in a hospital. He remembered nothing. Including who he was. They said he was Kaedehara Kazuha, Kaedehara Tomo's adopted brother. Tomo's entire fortune was left to me, but he didn't remember. He wasn't the one Tomo had left his fortune to. He was someone else. Who remembered nothing at all.

End of flashback

"Why would I hate you for that?" I asked. Kazuha chuckled lightly.

"Its the fact that I'm just impersonating someone else. For the longest time, I felt guilty about it." Kazuha sighed. I ruffled his soft silver hair lightly and kissed his cheek.

"Its fine."

"Yeah, I know now."