Chapter 2: Her Life (2)

Signora tapped on the window pane impatiently. It had taken three years for her to get released and cleared of suspicion. Everything was going according to Her Majesty's plan, except for she hadn't anticipated those documents to be hidden away. Those damn people hadn't kept their end of the promise.

As per the promise, they'd gotten rid of Aether. As per the promise, they'd planned to kill the daughter. Signora didn't know why those people wanted them dead, despite them being their own family, but the deal was all that mattered to her. The other unprecedented thing was that Childe had survived the fatal blow she'd dealt him. He'd been put through intense training to get his mind back on track, and make his ability to kill sharp once again.

She shuffled through the papers on her desk uninterestedly, until she heard a soft rapping at her door. Not many people came to visit her at this hour. She carefully made her way to the office door, to be greeted by a purple haired male, who seemed startled when she poised herself dangerously like a snake ready to bite. She relaxed her shoulders just a bit, then invited him in.

"Speak. What do you want?" she asked him. Scaramouche grinned at her. She had a slight idea of what he would ask, but she still felt like she needed to ask him. It was proper manners, after all.

"That Kazuha guy who's together with Mel's daughter . . ." Scaramouche twirled a golden ring around his index finger,"I've got some real bad blood with his elder brother, and with him. Mind if I take the kill?" Scaramouche smiled. Signora raised an eyebrow, but sighed and nodded.

"Just don't go too wild. We don't want to be noticed."

"You know I wouldn't ever do anything conspicuous." Scaramouche headed for the door, but turned back one last time. "Oh, and I heard the Eleventh's run away again. Good luck." he chuckled before closing the door behind him.

Heavens. What was she to do with the Eleventh? He was easily swayed as he was quite young, and this was the nth time he'd tried to run away. No matter what he did, would he ever be able to run away from himself? Murderers have no redemption. Of course, she didn't see crime as an evil act. It was something only those with a greater understanding of the world would do. And she was not one of those humans possessed by the idea of peace. She was much more than that.

Childe had been thrown in this place by his parents, and although he'd had a keen interest for fighting and taking lives before, he'd slowly lost it. Before, he'd been highly feared, but now, his reputation was akin to that of a calf's in a field of snakes.

She touched the frosty window pane again, and watched as the translucent snowflakes danced around the glass, in all their pure white beauty. It was when this pure whiteness was stained with blood that their minds would finally be at peace. She rested her fingers against the glass and felt the snow outside fall and cover the city in a cold blanket that was akin to the pale frostiness in her empty heart.

Winter was upon them, and soon that mission would be carried out. The deal would finally reach its climax, as it should have long ago. Her Majesty's pristine wishes would be carried out, and her name would glitter in the snow, as a speck of crimson in a dull world of white and grey, monotonely spinning around.

And Signora's wish too, would come true.