Chapter 6: Her Grief (2)

A/N: Time to suffer again with our emo babus who always have death surrounding them UwU. This author loves murder and breaking hearts of characters. Very insane author, report if sighted to +00 000 000, Shiba Inu office.

Lumine POV:

Ayaka trembled as I wrapped an arm comfortingly around her. Lulu was dead. Those murders had been happening dangerously close to our area, but I hadn't expected Lulu to get caught up in all that stuff too. And I hadn't expected Ayaka to be his girlfriend. It was basically an affair, but to be fair, she never liked Thoma. The professor who had listened to their conversation, had described the tense situation between them to me, and to be completely honest, Ayaka had acted very rashly and immaturely. I knew I'd done that too, but she was making Thoma feel like it was all his fault, when in reality, finding the murderer was more important. I couldn't blame her though. The loss of a loved one was huge to bear. I remembered when I'd lost Aether and Childe.

"Lumine-" Kazuha's voice rang in my ears.

"STAY AWAY! GET OUT!" I screamed. Who was he to come to me now? He'd saved me, but had he come earlier, had I not been so useless, Childe would have been saved. I hated him. I hated myself. It would be better if I just joined Childe in death or something. I was a curse, after all.

I frowned at the memories flooding through my head. I'd caused him a lot of problems. But Kazuha had never complained or run away. He'd always been with me, through it all. And we'd managed to pull through it. Hopefully, Ayaka and Thoma would, too. I rubbed circles on her back, as Yoimiya and Hu Tao brought some water for her.

"You'll be fine! He's just dead! Thats it!" Hu Tao spoke. Wromg choice of words. Even if she was a director of a funeral parlor, this was a bit too much.

"Maybe I should just go to him then. Its better than living this life anyway! I've got no freedom, and the one I loved, h-h-he-" her voice broke. Yoimiya seemed distressed, as she sat beside Ayaka as well, and joined me in comforting her. Kazuha was on his way as well, he'd decided to skip classes too for her.

Ayaka POV:

Ever since I was small, I'd never had a choice. I was a girl born in a rich family, so I had my duties to them. I shouldn't be so ungrateful and selfish, was what I was always told. I'd rather have been born into a normal family. I was supposed to be perfect. Perfect grades, perfect demeanour, and a perfect relationship with the guy chosen for me. If I couldn't meet expectations, I'd be whipped. I'd be openly disgraced.

I've had enough.

Thoma POV:

No one loved me. I existed to take over the company, and that was it. Since I was young, I was always in awe of her. She was perfect, cute and beautiful. She seemed to hate being called 'perfect' and had no friends. I tried getting close to her, and our parents declared our marriage. I was happy, but I knew she wasn't. I knew she didn't like me at all. But the rare moments of closeness she'd shown to me, and the fact she considered me to be her friend was already enough to make me want more. I felt like I should disappear. I was just a thorn in her side. I needed to apologize. But my pride was, as always, getting in the way.

Thoma, why don't you just die? No one likes you anyway.