Chapter 14: Her Denial

"Stop them!" I tugged on Kazuha's arm as the police stormed into the house, searching for Childe.

"Even if he hasn't committed these crimes, we were able to find a huge criminal record for him. He has killed
too many people for the law to forgive him." Kazuha said calmly. Calmly. Again. No matter what, he was always calm. I was sick of it. Maybe because I couldn't be as calm as he was.

"He didn't do all that because he wanted to! Just look at what the Fatui did to him!" I tried to argue, but Kazuha's mind was set. He didn't even reply.

"Please don't go near him again, Lumine." Kazuha finally broke the awkward silence between us. Tears formed in my eyes as I watched the police drag Childe into their car, and take him away.

"I'll have to go to work again. I'm sorry." Kazuha pecked my cheek, as he left the house. I dropped onto the floor, and let my pre restrained tears fall down my eyes. Desperate for solace, I called Ganyu.

"Hey, Lumine, whats up?" Ganyu's voice came from the other end.

"Ganyu, Childe was a serial killer. They took him away."

"Where's Kazuha?"

"Gone back to work."

"I see . . ."

"I don't know what to feel anymore."

"Calm down, okay? Deep breaths."

I took deep breaths as she said.

"What did Childe mean to you, Lumine?"

"My saviour and friend. He's also the one I've wronged a lot."

"I can understand why you're sad now . . ."

"I just don't know. Someone so close to me was a murderer. Maybe he was the one who murdered the Kamisato family. I feel . . . I feel like I wanna save him but I also feel like I hate him because he's bad."

"I know its hard when its like that but . . . I think it would be better for you and him to become haters instead of friends. I think that would be for the best."

"I guess . . ."

"Cheer up, okay?"

"Okay . . ." Empty words.

"How's it going with Kazuha?"

"I feel like he's away way too often."

"I know there's something else. Tell me."

"Well, I just feel bit . . . uncomfortable with how he's always so calm. I know I shouldn't be saying that, and its probably pretty horrible of me to say that. I just can't understand him, thats all."

"Thats a pretty common problem that most couples have. Take me and Xiao, for example. I don't get why he's always so grumpy and get angry with him, and he doesn't get why I'm always trying to be so 'goody-goody'. But in the end, we love each other and thats all that matters." Xiao and Ganyu were Zhongli's adopted kids, but they'd fallen for each other. Which was pretty plausible, considering the fact that they weren't real siblings.

"Thats true, I guess."

"Thats just your relationship being normal. Even Chongyun and Hu Tao have problems in understanding each other."

"Like that time when Hu Tao broke a vase, then when Chongyun scolded her about it, she replied Its just a vase, it can't even die! and he harshly told her she was creepy and irresponsible and that she should just get out of the house for good." I recalled.

"Yeah, that was quite a fiasco. They're still the best couple around though, even with all their fights and misunderstandings. So, believe me, feeling uncomfortable is normal. Just ask him about it, and try to understand."

"Yeah, I will, thanks. I need to apologize for yelling at him too."

"I see. I need to go. Bye."

"Bye." I ended the call.