Chapter 19: Her Family

WARNING: Heavy implications of child abuse! TRIGGER WARNING!

"I remembered something else too." I looked over at Childe.

"What?" he tipped his head over to me.

I began narrating my story, from the moment I was born.

"No. 1319. Focus here." my father handed me a knife. I trembled as I took it from his hands. I had to learn this so my brother, 1318, wouldn't have to. The man in front of me looked scared out of his wits, and my heart clenched. But I had to do this.

I drove the knife through his heart. Father had taught me well and I knew all the vital points a human body had. The man in front of me fell limp, a look of terror on his face as tears dried on his cheeks and his eyes fell lifeless.

"Good job, No. 1319."

||

"UGH, MEL YOU B*TCH!" my father cried as he shattered a bottle of alcohol on the floor.

"Whats happening, sis?" my brother, Aether asked quietly in a frightened tone. We'd named ourselves Aether and Lumine, since we didn't have much of a name.

"Shh. Hide in the closet, okay?" I murmured. Aether nodded hesitantly, then slipped quietly into the closet. I hid under the bed and waited.

My father had had us then had been dumped by our mother, Mel. They hadn't been married, they'd had us just for the experiment, but my mother hadn't known that my father had actually loved her. She'd just left him after giving birth to us, and he'd sunk into depression.

The door of our room slammed open. My father clambered into the room, and checked it carefully. My heart thudded in my chest.

Please, not today.

My hope was in vain. My father dragged me from under the bed by my legs, and held my hair in his hands, as he dragged me out of the room.

"Do you know how much you and your brother remind me of her?!" he shouted. I remained silent, which encouraged him further. He raised his hand to hit me, and I closed my eyes as I waited for the pain to surge through me.

||

"1319. Kill her."

"Yes."

||

"1319. Do your job."

"Yes."

||

"1319. Kill them."

"Yes."

||

"1319. Look. This is who you'll marry in the future." my father showed me an album.

I flipped it open. It was a white haired boy with a red streak of hair, and there were thousands of pictures of him. Curious, I looked at more.

I entered my father's office secretly, and found a file. Info on that boy was written inside. His name was Kazuha. He was pretty cute. I imagined talking to him, and imagined he was my friend. In my imagination, Kazuha was the one meant for me. I knew it could be part of the experiment. But it didn't matter. I'd fallen in love with him.

||

My father allegedly died in a car accident. However, I didn't believe it. This was probably just another sick part of his plan.

And then Aether died. It couldn't be a coincidence. I realised I had no memories of childhood. Something I kept to myself.

I soon met Childe. The most unexpected person to have shown up. I fell in love with him, but after getting rejected, I ended up meeting Kazuha, and my memories came back.

This was who I loved.

Kaedehara Kazuha, in the flesh.

He belonged to me. Only me.

||

"Experiment huh?" Childe spat the words as if they were venom.

"Me being in the same school as Kazuha was planned by them. The school gave me a scholarship. My father probably funded for it." I said. "And Aether's accident was pretty much set up by them."

"They trained you to be a murderer. Guess that makes us the same." Childe chuckled.

"Guess so."

"I didn't expect them to make you obsessed with Kazuha though."

"Me neither."

"What about your mom?"

"She settled again, had a family, and well Kazuha's girlfriend- that girl was my half sister. She was my mom's daughter."

"Small world."

"Pretty much."

Childe leaned over to me and put a hand on my head as he ruffled my hair. I leaned in towards him, and buried my face in his chest. He was taken aback, but let me stay there just like that.

"Thank you."

"You're always welcome, ojou-chan."