Chapter 19 :)

Michael's Pov

I walk in Cheryl's room smiling and I see Cheryl beaming at me with her arms open to hug me, I see y/n in the corner of my eyes outside the door I signal her to come in and she slowly comes in. I go and hug Cheryl and say, "Surprise I guess!" Cheryl says chuckling, "I did not know you were coming; I am glad you are here!" I sat, "Me too." Cheryl says, "Who's that young lady behind you?" I say bringing y/n forward, "This is y/n, my friend!" Y/n smiles and waves. Cheryl says smiling, "Girl come here, I do not bite!" I laugh and y/n and Cheryl hug each other. Cheryl says, "So, is this the girl you talked to me about?" I get embarrassed and Cheryl says, "Woops, I guess I was not supposed to say anything." I say, "It's fine, she knows anyways!" Cheryl says, "Cute." I say, "So, how are you Cher?" Cheryl says, "Bit better, but could be better. The doctor has not got any bad news so far, so everything is going well." I nod. Y/n says, "I am glad you're good, I did want to meet you. You seem like a nice girl with what Michael has said." Cheryl says, "Awh thank you." She turns to me and whispers, "You have picked a good one Applehead." I giggle and say, "I know." We both look at y/n who is looking around and then Cheryl says, "Go get me something to eat, I want to talk to her." I say, "Sure, but do not embarrass me!" Cheryl laughs then shoos me off. I smile at y/n who smiles back, and I walk out. I wonder what she is going to say.

Y/n's Pov

Cheryl says, "Come girl." I move over to her. She is such a nice lady and at the same time she seems very protective over Michael. I sit down by her bed. Cheryl says, "So, how come you want to meet me, literally all of Michael's exes have always been cold to me." She rolls her eyes. "You're different." I say smiling, "Well, me and Michael are just friends and I have no right to do that." Cheryl says, "Yeah right, just friends." I laugh and carry on, "Well, I know someone who died of cancer." I play with my ring. Cheryl says, "Oh I am really sorry." I say wiping tears, "No, no it is fine. I just want to encourage you. You seem like a great fighter." Cheryl smiles and says, "Thank you so much." I say, "No worries. Thank you for letting me meet you." Cheryl says, "Oh no worries, glad to have met you. So, moving on the subject, it is way too sad to talk about, what are your intentions with my best friend?" I say, "Well, I am not going to lie. He is a great guy and I care about him. He is so sweet, so funny, his curly hair is so cute, his eyes-" Cheryl says, "Damn girl, I think you are in love." I say, "I don't know, I am trying to figure that out." Cheryl says, "Well, from what I know and see Michael does love you, y'all maybe moving fast but I know it will end well." I smile at that thought of that and say, "I will see." Cheryl says, "I have seen that newspaper about you, but I did not believe it because Michael told me about you." I look down, "Jealous ex- best friend. I forgot her birthday, which is today, I know it is fucked, but I had things to do so it slipped my mind. She has like a crush on Michael and now I am with him and she just I guess burst." Cheryl says, "Damn, you got me now though!" I beam at this and says, "That is amazing!" Cheryl says, "But, if you break Michael's heart, I swear I will haunt you" I laugh but say, "Girl, you are going to live. And, I will never break his heart, never have thought about it. It has been two years since my fiancé died of cancer and I ain't found any guy interesting apart from Michael." Cheryl says, "So, that is what that ring is." I nod, "Yeah, I am trying to move on now, but it is hard." Cheryl says, "It is okay y/n. The ring looks cute though." I smile and say, "Yeah it is. Thank you Cheryl." She looks at me and says, "I could tell you needed a friend." I go and hug her.

Michael then walks in with some KFC. Michael says, "I hope she has not embarrassed me." I say, "No not at all." Michael says giving us some food, "Good, you guys had your girl chat then." Cheryl says, "Yes of course." We all start eating our food. Cheryl says in an Australian accent, "Rare sight, a vegetarian eating a bucket of KFC chicken...this is a rare phenomenon let us capture a picture before it is gone!" I laugh and Cheryl takes a picture. Michael says, "Hey! I take off the skin on it!" We all giggle and laugh. We talk a bit and finish eating. We get ready to go to the children's section of the hospital. I say, "It was really nice meeting you girl!" Cheryl says, "You too, call me or come see me whenever." I say, "I will." I turn but then Cheryl grabs me back. She says, "I know you like him girl, pick the right decision." I nod and smile, she smiles back. Michael goes to hug Cheryl and talk for a few minutes and then we leave.     

Michael says, "I am glad you guys are best of friends now, I would've been so sad if you guys never became friends like the other ones." I say, "Why did they never get along with Cheryl? She is so sweet!" Michael says, "Jealous." I nod. There is a huge crowd forming, I think they know we are here. We quicken our pace to get to the children's side of the hospital.

Michael says, "We are about to walk into a girl named Olivia's room. She is nine and suffering from heart problems, so she lives here!" I say, "Poor thing, let's go!"