Chapter 42- House of Mystery

Lilith had always liked school and she hoped that was the reason she was having trouble concentrating in class was purely just because summer vacation was just around the corner.
She played with her pencil as she tried to listen to the English teacher.
"Words are powerful, but is left unsaid can be just as powerful. In this book, the main character left so much unsaid that it nearly cost her, her life. A simple misunderstanding that went awry, something that could have easily been fixed if she had just spoken up." The teacher said and Lilith bit the inside of her cheek.

A wave of nausea washing over her, Lilith looked around slightly as she tried to take in deep breaths. the sudden urge to be surrounded by plants overwhelmed her. The brick walls of the school seemed almost too close around her as she watched the clock. The room becoming blurry as she tried to calm herself.

Lilith practically bolted out of her seat when the bell rang.

"In much of a hurry Miss. Moral?" The teacher half asked as Lilith ran from the class the other students not far behind her snickered. Lilith ignored them all. Lilith looked around a bad feeling in her stomach as she walked out of the building it wasn't until she was practically standing in the flower beds taking in deep breathes. She threw her books aside and knelt with her hands in the dirt letting the earth get rid of her nausea. Trying not to notice the roses slowly bloom around her, almost unnoticeably.

"Wow, the ivy grew fast," Lance said, Lilith sat up quickly and picked up her books as she turned, and saw Lance walking over with Tucker. "It was barely noticeable this morning," Lance said glancing over his shoulder at the school which was suddenly covered in ivy. The leaves covering most of the bricks. He was right it hadn't been even slightly as overgrown this morning and it was now drawing some attention. Lilith felt sick again as Conner came outside and someone pointed it out to him, he shrugged it off. Conner seemingly not being worried about it made the friend shrug it off as well. Conner however looked around the garden eyes falling on Lilith. He gave her a look and Lilith looked away, hugging her books tightly to her chest.

"Hey Lilith," Lance said as he walked over to her Tucker waving slightly at her as well. Lilith smiled slightly but it faded quickly as Conner came running over.

"Hey, Lil can I talk to you a moment?" Conner said, "Lil?" Lance mused as he watch Lilith get up and walk away with Conner. Lilith tried to ignore the sigh and hushed conversation Lance was having with a silent Tucker. Who was typing on his phone as fast as he could.

"Lilith?" Conner whispered as soon as they were out of earshot of the others, "Yeah?" She said timidly, "Why is the school..." Conner trailed off looking at the school again, realizing most people weren't even talking about the ivy anymore. "Covered in Ivy?" Lilith asked, looking back at the school.

"I didn't mean to," Lilith muttered, "So it was you?" Conner sighed, "Yeah," Lilith said looking rather guilty. "What happened?" Conner asked looking her over as if he was looking for injuries. "I'm not hurt-" Lilith said smacking his hand away glancing at Lance and Tucker who were pretended to not watch or laugh.

"I got dizzy that's all," Lilith snapped, "Dizzy?" Conner asked, bending over slightly to look into her eyes. "I told you I've been having troubles, with you know..." Lilith sighed looking over at Lance again nervously. Knowing that he and Tucker were watching her closely, "Yeah and what did Batman tell you when you told him?" Conner asked, Lilith glad she wasn't looking at Conner bit her cheek.

"Are we going to get started?" Lance shouted and Lilith couldn't help but feel grateful for Lance's interruption. "I'm dealing with it," Lilith muttered and walked back towards Lance and Tucker.

***

"The roses are brilliant today," Lance said from over Lilith's shoulder, Lilith didn't look at him as she played with the bush trimming small areas.