Chapter 43- Project

"Focus, Focus," Lilith muttered as she stared at the blank page on her laptop screen, Lilith sighed and laid her head on the desk her books and notes all over the dining room table. Wolf got off the floor and placed his head on her lap. She moved her hand to pet him and nearly jumped when he tried to lick her.

"Watch the lips their buddy," She breathed, Wolf looked sad but she tried not to feel bad. He may have been immune to her touch thanks to his thick fur but her lips and blood were still poisonous to him.

"Having trouble?" Conner asked from the couch where he was doing his own homework. "Yeah," Lilith grumbled, "What's got you stumped?" Conner asked getting up and bring over his book with him.

"Science fair," Lilith sighed, "Oh Will and I are making a Rubix cube solver. What are you guys doing?" Conner asked standing behind her chair to glance at the books around her. "Uhhh...Ummm..." was all Lilith could manage, "I honestly don't know anymore, so much info all packed in my brain. I'm so tired from training that I can't focus," Lilith sighed, putting her head back on the table.

"You should probably take a break then," Conner suggested leaning next to her, "But the science fair is Friday, and I haven't even done most of my end. I got the notes, I've just got to write a cohesive something and print off other stuff. I think there is a sketch of a diorama somewhere in this mess that I have to make my part off." Lilith said and as if to make her feel worse her phone buzzed Lance's face popping up on the screen. Lilith said up slightly and opened the message.

It was a photo. Lance was smiling giving her a thumbs up. He was sitting at a large table in what looked like a library. Crafting supplies all around him. A wooden box decorated to look like a city wat his feet covered in the same paint as his hands.

'City is almost done and posterboard started, we can finish it in class Monday unless you want to meet me sometime tomorrow.'

"See he's basically done with his bit," Lilith complained showing Conner, "What are you guys doing?" Conner asked again, "Solar panel roads I think, I have to pick up the lights for the diorama still. It's something about how they'll be easier to replace if damaged by a superhero fight and still give the city energy." Lilith sighed taking her phone back. Rubbing her neck as a headache started forming.

'Great job,' Lilith typed and she was about to send it when Conner's hands touched her shoulders, she hadn't realized that she was slouching and half balled up until he started rubbing her shoulders.

"You got this Lil," Conner said and Lilith slumped back sighing. His hands were so warm and she knew he had trouble controlling his strength but at this moment you couldn't tell.

"I wish," Lilith said, "Why not hang out with him tomorrow go shopping for what your missing, and take a much-needed break?" Conner suggested, Lilith sat up and turned slightly Conner left one hand on the base of her neck. "Two birds one stone," He shrugged, "Go out alone with him?" Lilith muttered, "Yes, friends do it all the time. We do it all the time," Conner said, Lilith touched her forehead the headache getting worse. Until Conners started running his hand up and down her neck. She almost melted at his touch.

"I guess it wouldn't be a bad thing, maybe I could write better if my mind is clearer," Lilith muttered her eyes closing as she leaned into his touch, when he stopped she found him kneeling in front of her.

"You can still have a life outside of all of this Lil, not all your friends need to have superpowers." Conner said, "It would be nice to have a normal outing again," Lilith smiled, "We do normal stuff," Conner smiled, "Rock climbing and me attacking you with plant men isn't normal Conner." Lilith giggled, "We went to the Zoo," He argued, "Yeah with Lance and everyone." Lilith smiled, "You want to do something like that with just me?" Conner said and Lilith thought it sounded like a joke but it made her feel better thinking it wasn't.