Chapter 19- Fire!

Ivy woke as a bright light hit her face. She sat up looking around only to seethe moon high in the sky above her. Harley was curled up next to her, and everyone else were still working on the project. It took her a second to realize where the bright light was coming from. The small orb nearly blinding her as she saw a fire ravaging the spot where she had last seen Lilith. She watched as the wolf that had been with Lilith run by with a torch in his mouth just as alarms started blaring around them.

"Fire!" Queen Bee half shouted and Harley sat up saying something about fries.

"That girl of yours just set of several fires around the warehouse." Lex said as he sent some of the goo men to put them out. "I told you we should have just went after her the moment she arrived." Grodd sighed, "I told you that's not the plan, we need her to come to us willingly." Ivy said and they all started arguing not see the shadow that crossed the moon, all except Harley who had been staring at the ceiling ignoring the others. Harley smiled and stood.

***

"I can do this, I can do this... I think," Lilith muttered to herself as she watched at least a dozen Goo men run out of the warehouse to go put out the fire only to find that there were at least five and it was growing. Lilith felt bad for burning such a lovely forest but it was the best detraction she could think of in such a short time. She had tried contacting the league, but there was no answer. It was probably because most were off world and there was a huge earth quake in Africa the night before.

She took a deep breath and ran across the glass ceiling as silently as she was taught. She walked over to the far corner and lifted the pane of glass. Slipping inside behind a large pile of crates, she saw held more unfinished goo men. She froze as she heard all the villains arguing with each other. She saw her mother and froze only for a second before taking a deep breath and sneaking towards the tree.

She felt more confident as she got closer to the tree. The power emitting from it was like nothing she had ever felt. It wasn't natural she knew that right away, but it wasn't just Ivy's powers. Lilith paused as she hid within a gap in the roots. One was cut open and glowing, "Wires?" Lilith mused, touching the wiring withing the tree. It was so integrated into the tree itself that Lilith couldn't tell exactly what was tree and what wasn't.

As she got closer to the spot where her friends were being held the more nervous she got. Were she needed to be to get them out was in plain sight of the villains. She had hoped the fires would get one or two to leave but it just caused discord. She'd just have to wait for her plan B to kick in. Yet as she sat hiding she could feel the power of the tree growing and she didn't like it. 'I have to get them out now.' She thought looking towards the villains taking off her gloves before, carefully climbing down to the roots. She didn't look away from the villains until she touched the roots, she turned and watch the roots open. The sense of relief when she saw them almost over whelmed her. They were all safe and from what she could see. Though they all looked as if they were asleep she knew that wasn't quite right. The goo was putting them in a type of stasis. She reached towards Conner knowing if she could just touch the goo she could get them out. Her powers weren't as strong as her mothers but one touch would make the goo let them go and hopefully wake them up.

 A hand grabbed her wrist just as she reached in to touch, Barely would regret touching Liliths skin later. Yet right now there wasn't much she could do to fend Harley off.

"I think not little Red," Harley said with a smile.  

With her other arm Lilith reached into the roots again trying to touch the goo. Before she swung her leg trying to kick Harley but failed as Harley spun like a ballerina dragging Lilith's arm behind her back pinning it there. "We were told not to let you touch it." Harley said as she dragged Lilith away from the goo. Lilith looking back at it, Conner was so close.

"See I told you she'd come for them," Ivy said, "Yes but alone?" Lex said, looking at the glass ceiling as if expecting someone one to break through it any second. "Oh Superman had better things to do then punch you through the wall." Lilith said sarcastically, Lex glared at her. "Yet I'm sure his son will be more then happy to oblige if you give him the chance." Lilith said and even Grodd snickered. "She's your child alright," Harley smiled looking at Ivy. "I still think she's spent too much time with Batman," Lex said still glaring. "You're right I have," Lilith said, just as a large explosion went off on the far end of the factory. They looked just as the far wall started to crumble.

"Opps," Lilith said as they looked back at where she had been, Harley was tangled in a cocoon of vines. Grodd caught Lilith by the arm just as she practically dived into the roots. "Got you," He said and she hoped he wasn't mine to her 'curse' as she said, "True, but I win." She held up her hand showing the goo drip down her arm. 

"Ahhhhhhh!" 

Lilith smiled as Conner shouted and came flying out of the roots tearing through them as he jumped out. "Damn it!" Queen Bee shouted sending goo men at the others as they climbed out after Conner. Whom was on a rampage tackling Grodd, he immediately dropped her. She landed and vines rolled over the ground in waves. Snapping fanged flowers, and attacked the goo men. She turned, throwing Robin and Batman their utility belts. Batman just nodded and went after Lex who was running to release more Goo men. Meg tackled Harley while Aqua boy and Girl fended off Queen bee. Lilith smiled as she watched everyone fighting together. She hadn't realized just how much she missed this, as she watch Zatana get thrown by a tree root. 

Lilith quickly, grew a large leaf that caught her mid air. She rushed over and helped her up. "I've got her," Lilith said as she turned towards Ivy. Who almost seemed to be waiting atop the large pile of roots from the tree. "You think you can beat me child?" She scoffed, "I'm not as weak as you seem to think mother," Lilith growled, "Mother?" Robin said turning in surprise only to get tackled. Batman sighed but didn't even look at Lilith as she used vines to fling herself towards Ivy.