Chapter 28- Dance With Me

"It's okay, it's okay," Lilith repeated to herself as she walked through the forest towards the school. She kept messing with her dress, worried that it might catch on something and tear or that she's gathered dirt at the edge of the skirt. Not that she had to worry she was so nervous she didn't even notice that the forest was moving around her. The treetops protecting her from the drizzle of rain that was coming down. The moss grew at her feet keeping her shoes and skirt perfectly clean from mud. The plants bend out of her way making an almost unended tunnel for her to walk through easily. The only thing she did notice was that small flowers matching the one her mother had put in her hair grew into the curls of her red hair.

"I can do this, I can go in there. I can face them," Lilith told herself as flowers grew at her feet where she had walked. She touched the flower behind her ear as she stood at the edge of the forest the entrance to the school dance was wide open. The ones who had put the dance together had set up a table just outside the gym door under a canopy, they collected tickets and ushered people inside as the music played out and into the field. A few people wondered about the garden it having been decorated as well. Lights strung up between trees and heart-shaped decorations were everywhere. Lilith smirked seeing that Zatanna was right nearly everyone was wearing red and pink.

The thought that Lilith immediately had was dread, with nearly everyone wearing the same color was that her blue dress would stand out even more. Which meant she'd stand out even more. Lilith swallowed hard as she smoothed her skirt, adjusted her hair, and pulled on her gloves. "I can do this," she breathed and let out a slow breath. As the rain slowed and stopped. The slight chill in the night air leaving a soft fog over the grass.

"I can go to a couples dance without a date, I can stand tall and no one will know-" Lilith whispered to herself. 'That I'm hopelessly in love with a guy I can never have.' Her brain finished the sentence, "Damn it," Lilith muttered and turned to run back the way she had come. "You came," someone said softly from behind her, Lilith paused and let out a slow breath closing her eyes. "I didn't think you were but-" Conner breathed, Lilith turned slowly back to look at him. Though she couldn't help but let out a deep sigh as she looked at him.

Just when Lilith thought Superboy couldn't get any hotter he did. His half-hearted attempt at wearing a suit made her heart practically leap out of her chest when she saw him. He probably had a black jacket somewhere but he currently wasn't wearing it. The sleeves of his pristine white button-up shirt were rolled up to his forearms. Showing off his muscles almost too well.
His black slacks were loose but were iron to perfection she presumed Meg's doing. He hadn't worn a tie and the first few buttons of his shirt were undone, not that it mattered he was wearing a black and gold vest over his shirt and it hugged him a bit too well. His hair was slicked back and his course a single strand was loose. Giving him the ideal Superman hairdo. If Lilith didn't and already know that Conner was related to Superman she would have thought they were now. She sighed wondered again how anyone hadn't figured out that he was Superboy before she did.

"He-he-hey there Wonderboy," Lilith breathed her voice barely audible, but she knew it didn't matter he could hear her. Which she realized he probably heard her coming with her mumbling to herself the whole way over. She paused waiting for him to say something and she tugged at her gloves again.

"You look..." Conner trailed off, "I look?" Lilith asked, playing with her skirt, "Ready for a party," He muttered, looking away and Lilith's heart sank as she tugged on her gloves again. Lilith looked away as well rubbing her arm nervously, "Have you forgiven me yet?" Conner asked and Lilith looked back to find him watching her as he held his hand out for her to take. They were standing at the edge of the field where it met the forest so there was a slight incline and she was practically standing above him.