Chapter 60 - A lullaby and a Father

Conner sat on the beach in the park. Watching, waiting, he had good I tel that someone would be head through this park at any moment. His leg kept bouncing as he watched. Person after person walking by.

With the construction finished the new housing district looked great.

"And here I thought you were learning something from Batman," A man said, from behind him. Conner froze, standing before turning to face Lex Luther.

"Let me guess still using your cameras to keep an I on me?" Conner asked, "You know me always have to keep an eye on my own flesh and blood," Lex smirked, adjusting his tie before continuing. 

"So did you come for the groundbreaking ceremony?" Lex asked, and Conner looked away shaking his head.

"Too bad, I think you should stick around Shazam is going to make an appearance and everything," Lex said moving to sit down and admiring the place he had built.

"What are you up to here Lex?" Conner snapped, "Oh wow, I might have put way too much Superman in your DNA. You sound just like him, can no one believe I can do something just to make the world better?" Lex said in a mock defense tone.

"Where are the young injustice league members?" Conner snapped, "This conversation is giving me whiplash, are they why you are really here?" Lex asked, "I'm here for information, you work with them. I just need you to set up a meeting for me or something," Conner said, "Oh didn't you hear we had a falling out, I don't work with them anymore," Lex said dusting off a leaf from his pants.

"So you don't know if they have Jewel Weed?" Conner sighed, and Lex's eyes snapped to Conner.

"Jewel Weed, she's missing?" Lex asked suddenly, "What's it to you?" Conner snapped, as Lex stood.

"I think I need to get back to work," Lex said adjusting his jacket as he stood, "Why is bad that she's missing?" Conner asked moving to block Lex's way.

Lex looked down at him incredulously, "It's not bad per say, it just means that I should really stop betting against Morgana." Lex smirked, before moving past Conner, but Conner wasn't done with their conversation.

"Where is Morgana? If she has Jewel-" Conner started, "Oh she has her no doubt about that, how she got her to agree to help in the first place. That is what I'd like to know," Lex said, "Help with what!?" Conner snapped, stomping his foot down like a child cracking the concrete, Lex sighed.

"Ask the bat, he knows he's always known," Lex said, leaving Conner as a crowd came to meet them. Shazam already waiting with reporters. As he marveled at the new playground equipment.

Conner tried not to think too much about it as he walked away. Pulling out his phone. Have run the several miles that led to the nearest boom tube.

He was still on his phone as he walked into the cave.

"You know, if you don't start doing missions Batman might just take away your boom tube privileges." Beast-boy said in his usual, 'I'm way too young to be saying this' voice.
Conner ignored him, "I told you we'll talk later," Batman said as he entered the room with Black Conary.

"At least I'm not the only one who you seem to not have time to speak to," Conner grumbled earning a glare from Batman. Just as Batman's wrist computer beeped, "Beast-Boy get ready, Morganas attacking the town!" Batman yelled, "I'll get Zatana!" Black Canary said running for the boom tubes. 

"I'll go with Beast-Boy," Conner said, "Oh really now you want to go on a mission?" Batman asked sarcastically, but Conner ignored him. Running off to change his shirt. 

Conner was even slightly surprised that Batman had Beast-boy and Zatanna wait for him Black Cannary gave them the mission details knowing full well Conner could hear it without her having to wait for him.