Chapter 54 - A Broken Heart Is What Changes People

"You put us all in danger!" Robin shouted at Lilith who was already at the brink of tears. Everyone on the team who was awake was watching as Robin yelled at Lilith. They wanted to interfere but they also agreed with Robin. Not to mention the fact that Lilith's plants were overgrown and blocking their way.

The team had woken one by one, Robin had awoken just as Lilith was telling Batman how she had gotten free, well mostly. She refused to tell him the villain's identities, which to her surprise he didn't seem angry about. However, she did tell him that they were the reason she had been able to escape. She was half glad that his memories weren't affected by the powder. HE knew exactly what had gone on while under Ivy's spell. Yet when Robin heard that she had been aided by villains and even considered them friends he went ballistic. Each of the team woke to him yelling at her and Batman. Only Superman and Conner were still out cold at this point.

"It wasn't like that they only attacked out of defense, they helped!" Lilith snapped, "Stop this arguing both of you," Batman said sternly, moving to step between them only to have roots locking his feet to the floor.

"She put us all in danger if she hadn't been talking with her mother she wouldn't have had the chance to attack!" Robin argued, "It's not my fault Ivy knew where the Cave is. It's not like we changed locations after it was discovered!" Lilith snapped trying her best to keep her plants from trying to eat them.

"This is his fault as much as your's Batman should have never let you join!" Robin sneered, "At least I'm trying to be a good person. To be kind and help others, accept them for who they are unlike some people," Lilith snapped her glared extending to the team. They all looked away, knowing she was right. Sure they said they were okay with her villain mother and crazy powers. Yet not one of them tried to be her friend outside the polite conversation here and there. Unless they had a motive. In fact, the more Lilith thought about it, none of them had extended their hand in a friendship to her as Conner had.

"You were sneaking around with your mother, you're a villain just like her and you'll never be anything else." Robin spat, "So Catwoman and the Huntress are still villains to you despite them having joined the league?" Lilith spat, "They earned the title of hero," Robin growled, "And I haven't? All I did was talk to my mother! What evil thing have I ever done to anyone?" Lilith snapped, her roots breaking beneath Batman's boots as he moved.

"That's enough of this game, Robin things changed-" Batman started, "Things changed I changed, and you know what. The game is over Batman, I quit!" Robin shouted, turning to stomp away. "Robin wait," Batman said calmly, grabbing Robin's arm. Robin turned and a quick easy move pulled his arm from Batman's hands right before punching him in the face. Sending him spiraling to the floor. Robin quickly took off his cape and threw it in Batman's face. Lilith rushed over to Batman as the others gasped.

"And you think I'm the villain?" Lilith sneered her back to Robin, "At least I wasn't born one, I don't need this team to be a hero." Robin scowled turning to leave. "Your Wrong Robin! Villains aren't born, they're created!" Lilith shouted turning to watch him leave. "Robin!" Zatanna shouted chasing after him, "You can't leave!" Artemis shouted running after him as well. With the boom tubes down due to the damage, he was headed towards the door.

Meg came stomping over as Batman stood, the others following at her heels having finally built up enough courage to break through the roots that had blocked their way. Lilith however remained kneeling on the floor. Conner and Superman were knocked out nearby she couldn't help but look at them, wishing secretly that they'd wake up now. They had been the strongest among the group but were still the last to wake.

Lilith felt broken as she heard more yelling and arguing around her. Nearly all of them didn't want to work with her now, and no matter what Batman said to them they didn't stop yelling. The worst part was that not one person was trying to defend her. The more Lilith thought about it Conner was the only one to ever defend her and with him knocked out she was alone. Batman was only trying to calm everyone he hadn't said one word in her defense.