Chapter 2- Conner or Super Boy?

Over the next few weeks, Conner couldn't seem to keep his mind off Lilith. When ever he saw her she was always working with or watering her plants. One day he saw she's limping, and sometimes he saw she'd come to school with cuts and bruises. She always seemed to have a new injury ever time he saw her, and this worried him. What could possibly be happening that she'd be getting so injured? Or who was doing this to her? Though she seemed to heal just as fast as the new bruises and bumps appeared.
One day while on he way back from shopping for dinner he saw her outside the school. She was trying to water the plants but her wrist was wrapped and she was having troubles turning on the water.

He ran up to her, "Need help?" He asked as he turned on the water, Megan had been encouraging him to try and make new friends. "Thank you," Lilith said grabbing the hose and making her way to the closest flowerbed. "What happened to your wrist?" He asked, "I fell," she said plainly, she watched curiously as he leaned down and looked at rather small flower.

"Papaver somniferum," he looked up at her when she spoke and asked. "What?" "That flower is Papaver somniferum, also known as a Poppy. I know the names of all the plants in my garden," Lilith said softly, "You spend a lot of time alone don't you?" He pointed out, his smile fell when she looked down at him annoyed. "I didn't mean it like that, I meant you don't spend a lot of time with your friends." "It's okay I know what you meant. Besides I like being alone, and I don't need friends." She practically sneered, "Everyone needs friends," "Not everyone," He watched her for a minuet as she watered the plants. "I though that way once too," he finally said, she looked at him out of the corner of her eye. Wondering why wonder boy here was talking to her. "What made you change your mind?" She asked, he looked up at her as he answered, "I don't really know, I just got so use to having them that it seemed wrong when I wasn't with them." He said shrugging. She just looked away, "That's the difference between you and me. I've never had friends so I don't have any preference on the matter." She walked back and turned off the water with a little trouble, "I should head home, good-bye." She picked up her bag and walked off leaving Conner alone with the flowers.

The next day Conner saw her smiling as she played with her rose bushes. She stopped and sniffed one. She happened to look up as Conner walked by, he waved and she ignored him going back to her roses.

Later that day everyone was outside eating lunch enjoying the sun, Conner saw Lilith sitting at the base of a tree reading and eating.
"Should we invite her to eat with us?" He asked Megan and his friends, "She'll just ignore you," John said, "Yeah she doesn't speak to anyone." Kim added, "I'm going," Conner said getting up, Megan smiled fallowing him. Lilith didn't look up as they approach, only when they stop in front of her she finally said something. "What?" She asked, "My friends and I wanted to know if you'd like to come eat with us?" He asked, "No," she said still not looking up, "Why not?" He asked, "I'm perfectly comfortable where I'm at right here." Lilith said bluntly, "We could move over here," he added  "No need, I like the quiet." "Wouldn't being around friends be better?" Megan asked, Lilith looked up at them, "I don't have friends," she said going back to her book, "Well you do now, right Conner?" Megan said sitting down telling him to join, "I appreciate the gesture, but I don't have friends because I don't want friends." Lilith said getting up, "Now if you don't mind I'm going to find somewhere else to read." She walked away, "Well she's rather odd," Megan said standing and walk back toward their friends, "Yeah she is," Conner said with a smirk.

It's sun set, a building in happy harbor is being attacked by monsters. The team is fighting monsters people are running some are the students from the school. One monster is running away, with something in his arms.

"SB that ones getting away!" Robin yelled, "On it!" Conner yelled back, and went running off after it. He caught up to it in no time, and jumped in front of it and saw that its had Lilith in its arms she was struggling to get free. She paused for a second as they looked at each other in surprise, before the monster ran off again. Conner jumped again and hit the monster, it let go of Lilith who went flying into tree. Conner knocked out the monster and hurried over to Lilith.

"Are you okay?" he asked, "C-Conner?" She stumbled looking up at him as she rubbed her head. "You should get out of here, it's not safe." He said with a grim face, "C-Conner, you're Super Boy?" She stumbled, getting up he looked away. The monster stirred and quickly went to attack Conner who's back was turned, Lilith saw it though. "Conner watch out!" She shouted as she grabbed Conner's hand and pulled him out of the way. Before high kicking the monster in the face. The monster quickly recovered and moved to attack again running straight at them. Without a word Lilith and Conner; still holding hands, both punched the monster in with their free hands sending it flying. In his head Megan said, 'Super-boy we need a little help back here, how are you doing?' He let go of Lilith's hand and walked over to the monster who was knocked out again. 'Got mine I'm heading back now.' 'Roger' He picked up the monster with one hand and turned to leave. Lilith stepped in front of him.
"Conner, what's going on?" She asked, "Can't talk now," he said sharply, moving to step around her. "You're just going to leave?" She asked, "My friends need my help," "But-" "Tomorrow," He said, and before she could even talk he jumped away leaving Lilith alone in awe.