Chapter 57 - Tree of life

"Do you always smell like fresh lavender?" Tucker breathed, a smile slowly crossing his lips.

Lilith sat frozen and wide-eyed at Tucker, her heart seeming to stop as her brain tried to catch up with her current predicament. The suddenly and gut leaping urge to kiss him caught Lilith completely off guard and made cherry blossoms grow in her hair.

Yet instead of moving away, she was just sat staring into his green eyes. Which would have reminded any normal person of emeralds but Lilith thought they matched the clear color of the leaves that were currently growing in her hair.

"It's okay everything will be okay," Tucker whispered as he reached up and brushed back her hair making a few of the flower petals growing there fall around them. This move made her want to kiss him even more, and a thought occurred to Lilith that she could if she really wanted to. She was after all wearing the laytex lipstick Batman had given her.

'Im still wearing the...No wonder my kiss with Conner didn't work I was wearing the lipstick.' Lilith realized, her face turned a deep pink as she thought about the kiss.

"You two okay in there?" Lance asked trying to get past the branches which had encased Lilith and Tucker under a green tent.

"We're safe," Tucker called back grabbing a still frozen Lilith by the waist as he sat up. Lilith finally coming to her senses practically jumped off him when he did move.

Tucker however seemed undeterred, as if he had been expecting her to run from him. Lilith breathed trying to keep calm as she made the tree move again.

"What just happened?" Lance asked seeing Lilith on the ground dazed, ignoring Tucker who moved to stand and offer his hand to help Lilith up.

"My-My powers keep getting stronger and-and harder to control," Lilith muttered hiding behind her hair, ignoring Tuckers' hand which he let fall to his side as Lance knelt down next to Lilith.

"You're okay though right?" Lance asked, "If I could stop growing flowers in my hair I'd be better," Lilith said playing with a lock of her hair, she'd pluck a leave of flower and two more would grow in its place. She sighed.

"I could help," Lance said and Lilith licked her lips nervously, "I'm fine, for now. Lets-lets go back inside," Lilith said standing quickly and tugging on her gloves.

She had brought all her undamaged clothing with her when she ran but she hadn't managed to get many of her gloves. Lilith tugged on her gloves again as she went towards the house the boys at her heels.

"Ah there you all are," Morgana said when she saw Lilith enter the library with the boys.

"Oh Lilith you came down," Musa said cheerfully and Lilith didn't have time to marvel at the grandness of the room as Musa dragged her to the table where Morgana was messing with magic books. Musa sat with Lilith at the table making it to where no one but her could sit next to Lilith which she was grateful for.

"Now I'm afraid something has come up and we need something new for the machine," Morgana said, "What? I thought we got everything?" Edwin complained, "I thought we did, but apparently Lex had planted a bug in the system we got from him." Morgana explained as she took out a small cube and threw it on the table. It looked as if it had been set on fire at one point.

"Without his continued cooperation, the portals no longer work," Morgana explained, as three more books floated over to her flipping through their pages for her to compare things.

"Portals?" Lilith asked looking at Musa.

"The thing we're building in order for it to work. It requires 5 people who are the embodiments of life," Musa shrugged, "I thought, the five of us?" Lilith trailed off, "Lance, you, and I work but-" Tucker started, "-Musa and I don't have powers so we don't count," Edwin interrupted getting a rather dirty look from Tucker.