Chapter 3- The Mystery That Is Lilith Mural

The next day, Conner was walking on his way to pick Megan up from practice. When he sees Lilith off to the side trimming some bushes. He decides now is as good a time as any to talk to her and walks over to her before he can change his mind. "Hello Lilith," he says timidly. She doesn't even look at him, "Yes?" she asks, "About yesterday..." Conner started, he ran his fingers through his hair not sure where to start. "What about it?" "Well... I just wanted to make sure-" "Make sure I'm not going to tell anyone about you being Super Boy." She interrupted, turning towards him with a knowing smile. He was taken aback, he had never seen her smile at anything but her flowers before. "Well not only that," he starts, but she shakes her head. "You don't have to worry I promise I wont tell anyone your secret." he looks at her in confusion, she looks away and leans down to examine a flower bud. "Really? Why?" he asks and she smiles, "It's not my secret to tell," she touches the flower, letting a lady bug climb on her glove. "But, I don't get it why wouldn't you?" he asks, "Because we all have our own little secrets." she says smiling at him, but her smile fades when she glances over his shoulder. "Your girlfriend is waiting for you." He looks over at where Megan is talking with her friends, when he looks she waves him over. "We'll talk later though, right?" he asks, "I don't see why not," she answers, he stands and walks over to Megan Lilith watched him leave.

A few days later, Megan is talking and eating with Conner in the cave dining room. She's talking about her friends and something funny that happened, he's pushing mashed potatoes around the plate with his fork. She laughs but stops when she notices he isn't laughing with her, "Conner?" She asks he snaps back to reality.

"Are you okay Conner? You haven't eaten a thing." Meg points out, "What yeah I'm fine." Conner sighs putting down his fork. "You've really been out of it lately are you sure your fine?" "Yeah I guess I'm just tired, we've been doing a lot of missions lately." He says rubbing his eyes. "Yeah, Robin says there are so many missions coming in lately that we are going to start getting more members. He already has a few in mind." "Really?" he says not really sounding interested. "Yeah," she said halfheartedly just now noticing his mood. They ate in silence for a a minuets.

"Do you think I should start wearing a mask? Like Robin and Wally do?"He asks breaking the silence. "Why would you need to do that?" Meg asks surprised, "I don't know what if someone sees me while on a mission and recognizes me?" He says, trying to make it sound hypothetical. "Super man doesn't wear a mask," she counters, "I know... but hasn't anyone found out about Superman?" "Batman probably, but he's batman. Don't worry about it, Robin explained it to me. Humans on this planet don't want to believe that super powered people can just walk among them. So they just don't, that's why Superman doesn't have to hide his face. No one wants to believe it's him." Meg explains.

"I guess," Connor shrugs, "Oh, have you chosen a club yet?" Meg asked in an attempt to change the subject. "A club?" "Yeah new school year, you said over the summer you wanted something to while I was in bumblebee practice. Have you looked into the clubs yet?" She asks, "Oh no not yet," "I was thinking you could try out for the football team." she suggested, but he just shook his head. "I think not," "Why?" "To dangerous I could loss control and hurt someone." Conner says with a stern voice, "I guess your right? Well what about baseball?" "Not sports," he tone sounded final, but Meg wasn't about to give up. "Well what do you want to do?" she asked, "I don't know...something where I wont be able to destroy anything," he said looking away irritated but still thinking. "What about the gardening club?" he asks, "Really?" she says on the verge of laughter, "What's wrong with the gardening club?" he asks irritated, "I don't know I just didn't think you'd choose that," her smile all but gone now. "Why?" "I didn't mean it like that-" "Never mind, you know what I'm not hungry." He pushes away from the table, "Conner..." "What ever I'm going for a walk." He walks off leaving Megan alone and confused.