Chapter 10- Mother Knows Best

"I told you I can handle this, you guys have your own mission to deal with." Batman said walking into the cave Robin at his heals. Lilith looked up from the screen she was reading. It was all the info they had on the Lex Luther and Goo men case.

"But I want to help," Robin said, "No...there you are Lilith why aren't you answering your com?" Batman asked, stopping in front of her as she turned off the screen. Lilith took the ear piece out of her pocket. "I'm still not use to it," she said putting it in her ear again. "Try to keep it in from now on, you guys have a mission." Batman said coldly, "What is it?" she asked, "He wants us to chase down a lead. While he goes chasing after Poison Ivy, alone." Robin said crossing his arms. Batman almost seemed to glare down at him.
"Posion-Posion Ivy?" Lilith said, "Yes, she broke Harley Quinn out of jail this morning and I have an idea where they're hiding. You're not going," Batman said, Lilith wasn't sure if he was talking to Robin or both of them. "Why-why would she break Harley out of jail?" Lilith asked, "Who knows," Batman said turning to the screen and opening up a map. "As for you four-" "Four?" Lilith asked,and as if on cue Megan and Zatanna came through the door. "We're here, we're here...what's the mission?" Zatanna asked, "You all are going to Metropolis, we found that several crates of these goo men were shipped somewhere within the city limits. Find them, and who they were shipped to." Batman explained, "Got it," they all said and headed towards the boom tubes, except Lilith.

She hadn't moved, she looking up at Batman he said. "I'd suggest you go with your team." He said slowly, "What about her?" Lilith asked barely above a whisper. "I'll tell you later." he said standing straighter before leaving. Lilith brushed her hands across her face growing her mask before following the team to the boom tubes.

***

"I found another one," Zatanna said in the coms. "That's five places so far, but why are they so spread out?" Robin said as he looked at the shipping box he found filled with more of them. "I don't know, but we should get them out of here I have a bad feeling," Lilith said as she looked at the one she found half way across town. "Right lets get them out of the city before something happens." Robin agreed, Lilith closed on of the crates she had found. There were three of them in this room alone each with at least a dozen of the goo men. Looking around the dark storage room she shivered, she didn't like that they had all split up she wasn't use to going alone.

"I really have a bad feeling about this." She said to herself. 

"You should have a bad feeling darling," an soft eerie woman's voice said from somewhere in the dark. Lilith turned but didn't see anyone, "Robin we have a-" Lilith started to say in to the coms but the crate exploded open. She just barely was able to cover her face as pieces of wood hit her. She opened her eyes to see the Goo men walking out of their boxes, all of them. She heard Robin saying something in her ear but didn't listen because she heard a creek from the rafters above her.

Lilith turned around again just as someone came swinging down from above her. The woman's heels hitting Lilith square in the chest, knocking the breath out of her. She went flying as the woman laughed landing in the front of the doorway gracefully. Lilith tried to take in a breath but it hurt, she could barely breath let alone move. Not that it mattered the Goo men picked her up by her arms.

"Jewel Weed?!" Robin was yelling in her ear, "You know she's kind cute," the woman in the heels said with obviously fake Jersey accent. Lilith tried fight her way out of the grip of the goons but wasn't very successful. She was dizzy and her feet were off the ground, she was about to summon some plants to help when the first woman spoke again.

"She is, isn't she?" Her voice was softer than the Jersey woman, this one's was almost like honey. Smooth and sweet, soft but almost scary and somehow familiar. The second woman joined the first, with the only source of light coming from the door behind them Lilith could only see their outlines. "Though I have to admit her outfit does look a little familiar." The smooth voiced woman said stepping forward, "Then shed some light on the situation," the Jersey woman said as she skipped over to the light switch.