The Truth - Kukki Bajaj

"Woh nahin kha sakti kyunki isme peanuts hain aur Kukki ko allergy hain peanuts se (She cannot have this as she is allergic to peanuts)" Mr bajaj said and in a swift movement got her out of the table and rushed her towards the hospital leaving a stunned Prerna.

"Take out the car." Mr Bajaj kept shouting and Maasi and Tanvi followed him.

Prerna was transfixed in her position and didn't know or understand what was going on. All she heard was shouting and noises.

"Ek car lane main itna time lagta hain.(How much time it takes to get a car)" Mr Bajaj said

"Bechari bachi Kukki kya ho gaya beta hosh main aao. Please(Poor girl, Kukki wake up Please)" Maasi and Tanvi frantically run after Mr Bajaj.

"Reception main peanuts order kisne kiye aap sab logo ko pata hain ki ise allergy hain to ise menu main include kisne kiya. Kisne?(Who the hell ordered peanuts in reception. We all know she is allergic to peanuts who put it on the menu. Who??)" Mr Bajaj was shouting.

"Kukki!!! Kukki !!" Prerna remembered each and every moment the mall the mandir the road where she saved her and then she remembered the video calls and the game where he told her that he had married her for someone he loved and the head band which ended with her remembering how she had met her today and how happy she looked and hoping that somehow she was wrong and there was a mistake and this was not right. Prerna kept thinking confused when she suddenly realized that she was actually sick and then she ran towards the path to the main gate where Mr Bajaj was about to sit in the car and she sat with him from the other end and started rubbing her hands and took off her shoes. Mr Bajaj took off his jacket and covered her with it while she was rushed to the hospital. They reached the hospital and Kukki was admitted in emergency. Mr Bajaj kept pacing in the corridors as the doctors were checking her while Prerna sat on the chair.

"How did this happen, how the hell did this happen when he has always been so careful. What was taking so much of time. It was just an allergic reaction right?? Nothing more than that then why was it taking so much time." Mr bajaj suddenly turned around and saw Kukki standing next to him laughing in the mirror and he smiled. She was showing him how much she had grown just like this morning and just as he was about to hug her she disappeared. Not able to take the tension anymore he was about to bust into the examination room when the door suddenly opened.

"She is fine Mr bajaj. It was just an allergic reaction, we are shifting her to the upper floor room don't you worry. She will wake up in a few hours" the doctor said and Mr Bajaj sighed in relief.

"Thank you" Mr Bajaj said and as soon as he left Kukki was wheeled out in a stretcher and was shifted to a room followed by Mr Bajaj and Prerna. They waited and waited. Mr bajaj had not shifted an inch while Kukki slept and he kept looking directly at her. Prerna kept looking directly at Mr bajaj there were so many questions but she couldn't she didn't have the heart to ask now. The man that she had always seen scaring people seemed scared to her for the first time and that scared her. After sometime Kukki suddenly moved her hand and Mr Bajaj shifted on the bed and took her quickly in his arms. He then kissed her head and then kissed both her hands.

"Aap theek ho? Pata hain aapne papa ko kitna dara diya tha?(Are you okay? Do you know how much you scared me?)" Mr Bajaj hugged the little girl. Kukki caught her ears saying sorry and Mr Bajaj gave a constricted smile and Prerna's eyes dropped a lone tear. It literally shook her to look at him like that.

"Aap party main aai kyun aapko pata hain na you are now allowed. Papa ko nahin pasand aapka aana aise sabke samne kyun aai aap?(Why did you come to the party. You know papa doesn't like you exposed to people like this.)" Mr bajaj said