The Friendship

Prerna tried not to wake up Mr bajaj and changed. She went to Kukki's room and she was fast asleep. She went downstairs to take care of everything else. Just then Maasi asked where is Rishab she said so rahe hai.

After sometime Prerna realised that Rishab is never this late and didn't he have a big meeting today. She went to the room and tried to wake him up with hesitation. Then she realised that he had fever and that too high.

"Chandu !! Chandu !! Doctor ko phone karo abhi."

Maasi – "Prerna kyun chila rahi hoon."

"Rishab ko fever hai bahut high hai."

Maasi went with her to the room and saw that Rishab was already awake and trying to get ready.

"Kya kar rahin hain aap. Fever hain aapko."

"I am fine I will take a medicine in office; Have to attend a meeting and its important"

Rishab nodded to Maasi and she nodded in return and Rishab went to change. Maasi was about to leave

"Aap unhe office jaane dengi aise hi. Woh chal nahin pa rahin hain. Kuch ho gaya unhe to"

"Are wah ek night main itna change. Let me check your eyes. Do you use glasses. Yeh Anurag nahin hain Rishabh hain. Tab nahin socha jab puja chodkar baarish main yahan daudi. Tab Socha ki Rishab ki tabiyat bhi kharab ho sakti hain. Just bcoz ab situation bigad gayi hain yeh natak mat karo"

Just then Rishab came out - "Maasi Please. Enough of this topic. Baat khatam kijiye."

"Mr.Bajaj please aapko fever hain ek din rest kar lijiye please. Agar tabiyat jyada kharab ho jayegi kukki ko acha lagega?"

"Waise Rishab theek hain na aaj rest karlo kal chale jana."

"Maasi aap janti hain main meeting nahi postpone karonga so aap start mat kijiye please I have to go."

"Woh nahin rukega"

Prerna was in no mood to give up and kept following him to the stairs begging him to stop but he kept on going. Prerna realised she was fighting a lost war and then she had in idea she didn't want to do this but she had no other option. She went to Kukki room and woke her up.

"Kukki You are my best daughter no so will you help me."

Kukki nodded.

"I and papa are playing a game in which mujhe unko aaj office jane se rokna hain and If I win, he will take us both to the fair. But I am losing so you will help me no."

Kukki nodded and Prerna whispered into her ear and Kukki did a thumbs up.

Rishab had just finished breakfast and was about to leave he almost fell but was in mood to stop but just as he was about to go, he saw Kukki standing at the door blocking it. Rishab was surprised.

"Kukki papa ko office jana hain"

Kukki signalled no stay at home. Rishab tried to trick her and get out but he couldn't do anything. He signalled towards Maasi and then found Prerna standing near Kukki. Rishab didn't like this not one bit and minute by minute he was losing strength to fight.

"Fine"

Kukki did a high five and Rishab asked him to go to his room and just the next moment Rishab fell unconscious. Prerna caught him just in time and moved him to room with the help of servants. Doctor was called and Rishab was fast asleep and sedated.

When he woke up after some hours and found Prerna entering with medicines. He was leaving.

"Kaha ja rahin hain aap?"

"If I am not wrong Kukki is in school and I can go so please."

"Aur main kya karo kis kis se lado. Apni family, Basu family, In sabse lad bhi lungi aapse kaise lado. Sirf aap ek insaan hain is waqt jinse main baat kar sakti hon jo mera sahara hain. Apne bola that I can talk to you as a friend. Apne bola tha I am your friend. Friend ke naate hi sahi itna haq nahin banta mera. "

Tired the only thing that came out of his mouth was - "Rishab Please"

Hearing his name, he just couldn't look at her anymore and then moved to bed and went to sleep moving the blankets. Prerna helped him with the same and cried with tears in eyes.

Just as she left Rishab sat up on bed

"Who Anurag se pyaar karti hain. This was supposed to be about Kukki don't go down this road Rishab don't."

But all he heard was – "Rishab" and the smile on her face when he agreed to his demands.