The Testing times

The kidnapper called again but Rishab was ready this time.

"Main paise dene ko tayyar hoon but use pehle aapko meri beti ko ek medicine dene hogi. Yeh medicine use roz deni hoti hain agar use nahin mili she will get sick aur agar use kuch hua to paise to milenge nahin lekin tumhara jo main haal karunga who tum soch bhi nahin sakte. aap use yeh medicine denge aur phir meri use baat karwayenge and phir main aapko paise dene aaonga. "

Rishab gave them the name of the medicine. Inspector said let's wait for the call. After sometime when everybody was busy Rishab quietly left the house. Prerna followed her and sat with him int he car.

"Kya kar rahin hain aap?"

"Kukki ki sari medicines mujhe muzubani yaad hain. Yeh sab kya tha. Aap paise kyun nahin de dete."

"Mujhe paise dene main koi problem nahin hain lekin I am sure ki yeh sab kisi aur ne karwaya hain. Last time jab Kukki ke saath jo hadsa hua tha usme jo mere compitetor ka haal hua tha uske baad koi yeh incident repeat nahin karega. Yeh mere compitetor nahin hain koi plan hain,na call trace ho raha hain na koi records mil rahin hain. Almost as if the person knows ki main kya karunga so I tried something else. I have a hunch ki yeh sab kyun hua hain. Yeh medicines har shop main nahin milti Sirf limited kuch hospital main milti hain with prescription. Yeh log jo koi bhi hain who yahan zaroor jayega and this will give us some more time to find the kidnapper or trace the call."

"Haan kaun aaya tha. Car ko follow karte raho main aa raha hoon."

"Main aapke saath ja rahin hoon."

They reached an old godown.Rishab had tried to convince prerna the whole time but she hadn't budged. They were able to see kukki from the back. They saw that they were 5-6 people. A fight started and prerna ran towards Kukki while Rishab tackled them. When all were down a man came from behind and before Rishab could do anything someone hit on his head. Mr bajaj fell. The man was about to hit him again when Prerna tried to stop him but failed miserably. In this whole struggle Mr bajaj was trying to keep himself awake and tried to stop them but the gunman defeated them both and was about to hit Mr bajaj again. Prerna tried to stop him and now the knife was pointing towards her when Kukki shouted "Mumma"

Just then the police came and everybody was caught. Prerna tried to take care of both mr bajaj and Kukki as they were rushed to the hospital. Prerna had also found an old phone and kept it with herself so she can give it to Mr bajaj later on. She was in Kukki's room when she woke up after some time and again said "Mumma". With tears in her eyes she again cried for her daughter and they both hugged. Just then Mr bajaj came and asked Kukki how is she. Prerna wanted to tell Mr bajaj the news but she saw Kukki doing signals. Once Mr bajaj left she asked and Kukki said surprise.

Kukki was asleep in her bed when Rishab entered with some ointment. Prena got confused. He pointed towards her arms.

"I am sorry. I didn't who bas Kukki."

"Jaanti hoon aap Kukki se pyaar karte hain isliye lekin main waha Anurag se milne nain gayi thi"

"Please koi explanation nahin.Main janta hoon bas mere samne phirse who 2 saal ki bachi thi and I lost it. It was wrong I shouldn't have. May I"

Rishab was applying the ointment when Just then Police came to Kukki room and Rishab asked what happenend.

"I am sorry Mr bajaj we have to arrest you on the charges of Kidnapping."

"What?"

"Un gundo ne aapka naam liya hain."

"Kaise insaan ho tum Rishab just because tum mujhe ek buri maa saabit kar sako tumne yeh sab kiya. Tumhara naam liya hain un gundo ne." – Menaka

"Are you out of your mind? Inspector yeh sab ek natak hain aisa kuch nahin hua hain."

But the police didn't listen and took Rishab with them and Prerna followed with Mr Mehra. Mr Mehra asked her to stay with Kuki and promised that he will anyhow get Mr bajaj put of jail. Prerna agreed and took Kukki to Sharma Niwas. Prerna was so confused but she knew one thing for sure that mr bajaj cannot do this.

Mr Mehra had called after sometime to tell them that bail was almost ready and he would be home in morning.

"Priyu kya soch rahin hain?"

"Maa please aap phir se who sab baatein mat suru kijiye. Mr bajaj aisa kuch kar nahin sakte hain."

"Mujhe pata hain. Par priyu tukya chahti hain meri samajh nahin aa raha hain. Tu Anurag se pyaar karti thi,use bachane ke liye tune Mr Bajaj se shaadi ki. Mr Bajaj apni bachi ke liye maa chahte hain isliye unhone yeh sab kiya, par tu kya kar rahin hain. Teri maa hoon tujhe jaanti hoon isliye puch rahin hoon. Anurag ka pyaar bhul payegi, Mrbajaj ko har Khushi de payegi, Kukki ki maa to ban jayegi tu par saari zindagi sirf yeh adhore rishte ke saath ji payegi. Ache se soch aur mujhe bata ki aaj agar tujhe Anurag ke paas wapis jane ka mauka mile aur Mr Bajaj khud tujhe de to tu kise chunagi."

Prerna kept thinking and rethinking what her mother had said. Yes, she loved Anurag but what Is it that she felt for Mr bajaj. His trust, his support, his love for Kukki and even this unborn child, it was almost as if he knew her better than herself. She doesn't have an answer for her mother but she knew that she will give the same respect and support to Mr Bajaj that he has been giving him from the beginning.

"Maine Anurag se bahut pyaar kiya hain par ab yeh meri life hain yeh mere rishte hain Kukki Mr Bajaj aur.. main piche mud kar nahin dekhungi"

Unknown to them Kukki had heard the whole conversation.

In the morning Kukki and Prerna were waiting for Mr.Bajaj when they saw the news. Mr Bajaj was accused of forgery and bribing govt officials and trying to rig some laws for his business. All of Mr Bajaj offices, his property, bank account were sealed. Prerna was surprised to see all this and called Mr Mehra.

"Mr Mehra, yeh sab kya ho raha hain?"

"Mam kisi ne bahut bada game khela hain. Yeh sare charges jin logo ne lagaye hain woh uchi awaaz main baat nahin karte the Mr bajaj se but is kidnapping case main ais fase hain who ki yeh sab log apna fayda nikal rahin hain. Mr Bajaj ki bail bhi isi reason se nahin ho payi. Main koshish kar raha hoon."

Just then Menaka entered. Prerna noticed that Kukki got really scared on seeing Menaka and stood between her and Kukki.

"Court ka order hain main aaj Kukki ko apne saath le ja sakti hoon. Akhri baar bye bol lo ise kyunki Rishab ab jail main sadhega aur main apni bachi ko apne saath lekar ja rahin hoon.Waise you should thank me now you can go back to your love. Don't worry I will take very good care of her. No guilt needed "

"Haath mat lagana meri beti ko"

"Prerna yeh court ka order hain you can't do anything.

"Fine please mujhe ise relax karke samjhane ka time dijiye Aap please yahan wait kijiye."

Prerna took Kukki to room and tried to relax the child.

"Mumma maine dekha tha unhe. Who who aayi thi us din godown main un logo se milne."

Prerna tried calling Mr Mehra again and again and he didn't respond. She couldn't let Kukki go with them and then she made a decision. She packed some of Kukki things in a bag, took whatever money she had and left the house from back door.