The Decision

Prerna and Rishab reached home and many heads turned when they entered.

"Rishab kaha the tum log"

Before Prerna could answer

"ek event pe jana tha Maasi so late ho gaya".

Prerna asked – Kukki?

"So gayi hain."

"I will check."

Rishab received a phone call.

"Yes Mr mehra. "

"Sir I have been keeping an eye on Mr Basu. Ab tak to sab theek hain. He has meeting with some investors and some business proposal and stuff like that nothing new."

"I don't know Mehra, I don't like this please continue following him"

"Mr bajaj ek aur baat. Miss Bose suddenly bahut active ho gayi hain. Unke business main bhi shayad kisi ne invest kiya hain. She can be a problem."

"Don't care Mehra. Kukki ke paas prerna even if she comes back for custody mera case bahut strong her she wont come back again to insult herself. But agar aaapko lagta hain its necessary then go ahead. Woh Bajaj empire ke bare main bhi kuch aise points jaanti hain which she can use if she gets the correct backing. It is better to be careful."

"Sorry Main unke bare main baatn ahin karna chahta tha lekin it was important."

Rishab cut the call and was surprised that he didn't feel the pang of hurt when talking about Meneka. All he could feel was the calm which he had felt with Prerna at the rooftop. He was happy that the firecrackers had distracted them else in his stupidity he would have asked Prerna something so wrong that he would definitely have lost her then and there. He would have to give her time even it meant the entire lifetime.

Anurag came to meet Prerna –"Ghar main pooja thi tum kaha gayi thi."

"kuch kaam tha tumhe?"

"Ÿeh kya hain?" Pointing at the Raksha Dhaga.

"Puja main gaye the. So"

"Yeh choodiyan dene aaya tha puja main milti hain."

"Prasad ko mana nahin karte so thank you but mere pass hain already." and showed him the one she was wearing.

"Mr Bajaj ne di hain. Waqt kitni jaldi badalta hain na. Cheezon ki importance kitni jaldi change ho jaati hain."

Prerna who had nothing to say,she didn't have the will to fight and just left from there. She remembered the last year that she had done the puja with Anurag and this year how things have changed. Did she regret what she had done. No, she had to save Anurag from Komolika and Ronit and she had done what was needed to be done. Yes, Anurag might never be able to know about the child but she had to do this for him. Now he was moving on and it would be better she would too. She would feel more than happy to live her life happily with Kukki and this kid and Mr Bajaj – she was surprised at her own thought. How easily had the man she hated the most turned into someone she could depend on and he was doing everything necessary for this child. He/she will be loved and that is all that mattered and with that she made her decision. Prerna changed and for the first time found herself feeling someone's absence in the room. She was waiting for Mr bajaj as she wanted to ask him something. She waited for a long time when he didn't come, she got worried he was not even in Kukki room and found him at the roof.

She went and sat on the swing.

"Mamooni ke ghar se jyada sundar dekhta hain"

Rishab smiles.