Chapter Two: Help Wanted

Disclaimer:
Raines thoughts
Jungkooks thoughts

Raine wasn't off to the best start. Her roommate, Ashley, barely spoke four words to her since she'd arrived. Raine knew they'd be different, but she hoped they could at least be cordial. That didn't seem like it was going to happen as Raine spent her first night unable to get a wink of sleep. Her roommate was screaming into a headset at her gaming buddies until four in the morning. Ashley had no regard for her roommate, and it became abundantly clear to Raine why this room had a bed available in the first place.

And to top off a great start, it wasn't like Raine's first day had been any better. She made the mistake of asking some guy in the hallway where she could find her first class. He wouldn't leave her alone after that. He even sat beside her in class, and she wasn't entirely sure he even took that course. Mike, she found out his name was when he slipped her a note with his name and number on it like they were in high school.

Then came the straw that broke the camel's back. Some guy in a hoodie demanded she move out of a seat that wasn't even assigned to him to begin with. Raine wanted to take her textbook and slam it into the side of his head. He even had the nerve to stare down at her like she was supposed to be intimidated. Maybe if he'd shown up to class on time, he would've gotten his seat. She didn't budge, and he had to move on, which he was clearly not happy about.

She saw him again, standing outside another one of her classes, waiting for the door to be unlocked. His head was down as he scrolled through his phone. Dark wavy hair fell forward, covering his forehead and eyes while he continued to stare down. Almost as if he could feel her gawking at him, he looked up slowly. Round, brown eyes met her own, the dark circles under his eyes on full display. The lack of sleep was loud and clear. Maybe that's why he had been such a dick to her that morning.

His lips pursed to one side, annoyed with Raine for even looking in his direction. He tucked the phone into his pocket and turned around to give her his back.

Once the door was opened, she decided to let him find his seat before she sat anywhere. Raine was exhausted and antagonizing him again would've drained her even more. Knowing she had two classes with the asshole was enough to put her in a bad mood for the rest of the day.

The first week at a new university almost made Raine wish she'd never transferred in the first place. For starters, her roommate was selfish and inconsiderate. Raine hadn't gotten a full night's sleep all week thanks to the bright LED lights on all night and Ashley's constant yelling while she gamed. Raine was so exhausted she had even fallen asleep during her morning class. The professor had no problem calling her out about it at the end of class and the hoodie guy even seemed to smile a little at her expense as he exit the classroom.

Jungkook, she learned his name was from the few times he was called on. He never raised his hand or called attention to himself. He wore black every day and sat in the same seat every day. He was quiet for the most part but gave confident and intelligent responses when he was asked to answer. Raine realized he was a pretty smart guy, even the teachers praised him as he left their lectures.

Great job today, Jungkook.

Keep it up, Jungkook.

Even the sexy T.A was dapping him up at the end of class, yet he had an arrogant air about him that Raine could not get past. She couldn't stand him. Everything about him, from the way he walked to the way he twirled his pen between his finger while listening to the lesson, made her want to choke him out.

Only two good things came from her first week of school. One was the T.A, Namjoon. He was tall, dark, and handsome, with the deepest set of dimples she'd ever seen. He was gorgeous. She understood the class perfectly fine, but for a moment she even considered pretending not to and asking him for extra help. Then she remembered why she was at a new school in the first place and it killed any attraction instantly.