Chapter Thirty: Old Habits Die Hard

A/N: Once again, I ask you all to be patient and understand that I have a place I want this story to go. These are my characters and my choices. I hope you all continue to support their journey.

💜

Raine excitedly hurried up two flights of steps until she reached the apartment door. There she took a deep, calming breath before letting herself in. It was already six o clock, which meant Jungkook was probably starting dinner and she'd see him as soon as she walked in.

But upon opening the door, she didn't smell the fried chicken she had asked for being cooked and the living room light was off as if no one was home.

He's probably in his room.

She dropped her keys and book onto the couch. Before coming home, she still had to travel out to purchase the book for class and it took a bit longer than she had expected due to traffic. Going to the bookstore wasn't a total lie. She just had to make a detour first.

Raine hurried down the hall, thrilled to utter words that had been eating away at her for days. She couldn't wait to tell Jungkook how she felt about him and how she had put Daehyun in his place.

For them. So they could have a real chance at this. Nothing would get in the way of their relationship.

Things from that moment on were going to be better. Easier. The fights that Daehyun had caused between them would come to an end and they'd be carefree and happy. Jungkook wouldn't have to stress about his grades anymore. He tried to play it cool but she knew he was worried and this would be a great weight off his shoulders.

At least, that's how she would have loved things to have been from that moment forward.

But what she saw when she opened that bedroom door broke her heart, shattered her soul, and any hope of a future with the man she loved. It was being stabbed in the back and the front by the one person she believed could actually love her. It was a crushing weight in the middle of her chest that stole her breath and mangled her heart under the pressure of it all.

There was Jungkook shirtless, zipping his pants, and Yuri sitting on the edge of their bed, slipping on her shirt.

He looked shocked, to say the least. Surprised that Raine had caught him in the middle, or the end apparently, of whatever this was.

Raine exhaled sharply and tears that she refused to let fall pricked her eyes. "Wow." She whispered, looking between the two of them. "Wow!"

"It's not-" Jungkook stepped towards her, looking every bit as guilty as Raine believed he was.

"Don't!" She put her hands up and recoiled, signaling for him to stop. "Don't you fucking come near me." She tried to control the tremble of her lips and the crack in her voice. She refused to let him see her fall apart, even though she had already crumbled to pieces on the inside.

Her eyes drifted over to Yuri, who was now throwing on her hoodie. "How do I taste?"

"Raine-"

"You shut the fuck up Jungkook! I wasn't talking to you." Raine snapped, eyes still fixed on the raven-haired girl. "Tell me? You know, since you've probably sucked off everyone that's been inside me. How do I taste?" Yuri still didn't answer, which only aggravated Raine even further. She wanted to hurt them, both of them. To take her frustrations out with violence and make them feel as much pain as she felt right now. But what would that change? Nothing. In the end, even if her knuckles were left bloodied and broken, Jungkook had delivered the knockout punch. "We have great taste in men, don't we?" Yuri looked up briefly, but couldn't hold Raine's stare. "This one, though," Raine wagged a finger at Jungkook, nauseated by the mere sight of him. "This one deserves an Oscar. Don't let the broken boy story fool you. He's worth even less than Daehyun."