Chapter Seven: Silly Rabbit

So, are you going to tell me or should I ask her?" Jimin sat on Jungkook's bed and placed his elbows on his knees, leaning forward.

"Tell you what?" Jungkook lied, refusing to pull his eyes from a very important sketch of the Grim Reaper playing a video game. He tried to control his breathing, hoping it wouldn't betray him and Jimin would know something was up.

"Jungkook," Jimin replied sternly, making Jungkook even more nervous.

"What?" Jungkook continued shading the bottom of the Reapers robe but Jimin turned Jungkooks' gamer chair around forcing them to be face to face.

"Last week you couldn't stand the sight of her and tonight you're tending to her like a fucking school nurse. Not to mention you pretty much just gave her a place to stay."

"She was hurt and had nowhere to go. Was I supposed to leave her out on the street?" Jungkook turned his chair back around and tried to concentrate on the drawing again, but it was useless. He knew it was time to be truthful. Jungkook had been too careless and Jimin had quickly caught on to the change in attitude towards Raine.

"I'm not saying that, but something is off between the two of you. If you're trying to spare my feelings; don't. I spent a couple of hours with her at a party and it went nowhere, so you don't have to worry about me getting upset."

Jungkook took a deep breath. It was now or never. It was time to man up to the things he'd done. "Because of me."

"What?" Jimin looked taken aback when Jungkook turn his chair back around slowly.

Jungkook stared down at his lap with a heavy heart and a guilty conscience. "It went nowhere because of me." Jungkook looked up to find Jimin with his eyebrows furrowed together. "I'm sorry, Hyung. I was drunk, and she got lost going to the bathroom. I guess I thought she wanted- she was in my room."

Jungkook realized what he was doing. He was blaming Raine for his actions, but it wasn't her who fucked up. It wasn't she who had betrayed ten years of friendship.

"I came onto her. I was so drunk that I didn't think about you or how you felt. I wanted her, and I was angry I couldn't have her because," Jungkook swallowed his pride and allowed himself to be truthful. "Because you had her."

Jimin remained quiet as he stared at Jungkook with sad eyes. "I know."

"You know?" Jungkook sat up straight

"The moment we walked into the party, you couldn't take your eyes off her." Jimin laughed, but it was humorless. "When you almost choked me out with my shirt collar while pulling me away, then I really knew."

"Hyung I-"

"She looked at you the same way, but I figured I'd just give it a shot anyway, so I guess that's on me." Jimin placed his hands on Jungkook's knees when he realized how ashamed he looked. "Hey, it's okay. Don't beat yourself up about something that doesn't even matter. It's not like I had anything with her."