Chapter Eighteen: What Are Feelings?

WHAT

HAVE

I

DONE?

Did he mention God had given him everything except common sense?

Jungkook turned on his side and groaned. He hadn't slept all night. What he'd done with Raine was on constant replay in his mind, reminding him of just how much of a fuck up he'd become.

But it was good.
Nay, it was great.
It was everything he imagined it would be.
So why did he feel so guilty about it?

He could beat around the bush all day, but the reality was that he was afraid to lose her to this. Things could inevitably change between them now. She might not be the same Raine he was used to knowing.

After Jimin and Taehyung got there, things between Raine and Jungkook were awkward. They didn't speak to each other, barely looked at each other, and Raine went to bed before the guys even left.

The Raine that went tit for tat with him and then turned around and comforted him when he was struggling might be gone.

That saddened him and made him feel more lonely than ever.

Raine was trying not to dwell on the consequences of what had happened. If she'd ever take Professors Songs' advice, it would be in this scenario.

She was going to allow herself to live in the moment for once. Whatever came from this, she'd worry about when the time came. For now, if it happened again, she wouldn't be totally opposed to it. The sex helped her let go of all the tension and stress she had accumulated in the past months.

Raine hated to admit that she woke up that morning with a pep in her step because of it. Although she mostly felt the same as she did the day before, now she was a lot less tense and a lot sorer, but a little less lonely.

She poured a bowl of cereal as she smiled to herself, thinking about how he looked on top of her.

She'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Again and again....and again.

As she sat down to eat, Jungkook came into the kitchen. She swore to act as uninterested as possible. She wasn't going to make a big deal out of this because it wasn't one.

It was sex.

Just sex.

Jungkook slowed his pace down as he walked in. She seemed to be more interested in what she had going on with her phone than in the fact that he was there.

He didn't think that could be good. Were they just going to pretend it hadn't happened as they did with everything else?

He opened the fridge door but wasn't sure what he was looking for. He just stared blankly into it, nibbling on his bottom lip, trying to decide if he should address the elephant in the room or not.

Ignore it, Jungkook.

He got himself a bowl of cereal too and went to sit next to her. The stool made an uncomfortable screeching sound as he pulled it out to sit. Raine stopped for a second to look at the chair and then continued to eat. His heart was beating out of his chest.

What is happening to me?

He finally sat and moved his spoon around inside the cereal.

Ignore it.