Final Authors Notes

Hello all! It's me! Your friendly neighborhood, angsty author! Moon! I wanted to create this (maybe lengthy) author's note to explain some things about this story. There were parts that I wished I could've explained further but didn't have the opportunity to. Hence, I'm here with the over-explaining no one asked for. 

First, I'd like to say that this story has been in the making for almost two years. It was published and unpublished for a while before I finally left it up. It's why I'm so proud to finish this. At this point, it's like part of me. I never thought I'd complete one story, let alone two. 

Let's start by saying that we are all villains in someone's story. Every character played an unsavory role to another, which partly impacted their actions. No one was perfect....except Jimin. Jimin was perfect. Daehyun and Yuri were the obvious villains, but if we looked at it from their perspective, Jungkook and Raine were their villains. Everyone has a story and a reason they act how they do. It doesn't mean we should excuse them, but it's important to understand even the bad guy.

1. Why did I make Jungkook so unstable and flawed?

We all respond differently to trauma. Jungkooks started at a very early age when his father left, but even then, he found comfort in another person. His mother held him, soothed him, and offered him ice cream to make him happy. He carried that well into adulthood, and when he lost the only person who gave him that comfort, he crumbled without that support. That's where Raine came in, all too happy to help. He found that solace in her, and he grappled to hold onto it in any way he could. That peace she provided became his everything. When he felt that it was taken from him, he once again crumbled and took her down with him. I say all this to say that he has abandonment issues. Keep that in mind.

All in all, Jungkook was a great guy, though. He was caring, thoughtful, and funny. All he wanted was for Raine to be happy by his side. When he did little things like cook for her, help her with school, and build a little nest for them in the trunk of his car, she truly was happy.

2. Did Raine enable Jungkook?

Where she thought she was helping, she was actually hindering. There was rarely a time when she called Jungkook out for his behavior once they started living together. She protected him. She made excuses for him. She neglected almost everything and everyone for him. Even when she said no one held him accountable for his actions, she later began to do the same until it affected her directly. Raine was also INCREDIBLY flawed. Though Jungkook wore his out in the open, her flaws were more hidden. If anyone can tell me any likes or interests Raine had in the story before their break up that did not revolve around him, please do lol. I often realized that some readers didn't see the red flags in Jungkook and Raines' relationship and thought they were sweet things. Its okay, because although it was meant to be seen as a red flag, Jungkook and Raine didn't see it that way either, lol.

Raine's character was easy to write because she was one-dimensional. What you saw was what you got, except for when she was lying about Daehyun. She liked being someone people wanted or needed because she grew up not being accepted much by the people around her. Even in the first chapter, she didn't have any friends, only those she let use her for her notes and homework. The ones that turned on her the moment her reputation was besmirched. Taehyung even, he's a fantastic friend, but their friendship began because she provided a service of fighting the girl who bullied him in the 6th grade. It's just in her nature to help in hopes of being liked. So, did she enable Jungkook by protecting him? Yes. Unintentionally, yes.

3. Was Daehyun necessary?

Yes, yes, yes. Even if he wasn't necessarily the culprit in the dismantling of the relationship. He was distracting Raine and Jungkook from the more significant problem throughout the story. Themselves. Sometimes, he was meant to be seen as their biggest issue when he was the least of it. The situation could've gone very differently if Raine had let down her pride and been honest with anyone about him from the get-go. With the Dean, with Jungkook, with her father, who could have very well handled it. Daehyun needed to drive a wedge between Raine and Jungkook. He could've only driven a wedge if they allowed him to, and they did.