Chapter Twenty: Grims Return

A/N: Did light research on the funeral information. If there's something I may have gotten wrong please excuse me.

✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️

Raine dreaded going to class every day, but she couldn't miss it because of Jungkook. Partly because it was her fault he'd been seated so far from the board, so she had to copy everything down for him, and partly because he wouldn't let her miss class.

She was contemplating dropping it altogether and taking it the following year in hopes he'd leave. Even if it meant pushing her graduation back. Raine couldn't be around Daehyun. She could barely comprehend and soak in the lesson as it was. Half of the time he was standing in front of her or running his hands past her desk. To the naked eye, it didn't seem out of the ordinary, but she knew he did it on purpose.

Even though she tried to ignore him, she couldn't when he made it a point to call on her for answers, even though her hand was never raised. She couldn't ignore the way the pain in her chest magnified in his company. She definitely couldn't ignore the way Yuri would give her the death glare or how she felt the girl's eyes burn holes in the back of her head from two rows back.

How naïve was Yuri to believe that Daehyun loved her when he was actually trying to win Raine back. He'd sat the girl in row three and Raine in row one. Did she really think him being there was about her?

For the most part, the students loved Daehyun. The women were swooning, and the men found him to be pretty funny. It was no secret that he was charismatic and demanded attention everywhere he went. He was good at hiding his true face, and most people believed him to be a stand-up guy.

It's why it was so easy for the university to believe everything he said about Raine accosting him. They didn't question him. The great Professor Hwang couldn't have possibly been sleeping with a student.

The only person who didn't seem to take to him was Jungkook, but that was probably because of the seating situation. Raine could also see Namjoon struggling in class. He seemed uncomfortable, and it was obvious that he was barely needed as a T.A. anymore.

Raine thought Namjoon had the potential to be a great teacher, and Professor Song always used him to the best of his abilities. There were times she even allowed him to run most of the lesson and now all he did was sit by Daehyuns desk and hand out papers. Occasionally, he'd be allowed to switch slides on the laptop. Other than that, it was like he wasn't even there. Daehyun would even dismiss him after class like he was another student.

Namjoon and Jungkooks' relationship wasn't a secret. Often they'd be seen waiting for each other by the door or greeting each other in the morning, and Raine had no doubt that Daehyun was neglecting Namjoon's talents for that reason alone.

As they packed up to leave, Raine saw Yuri make her way to Daehyun. "Professor Hwang, I have some questions about the material. Would it be okay if I picked your brain about it now?"

Raine couldn't withhold her snicker as she got up.

Been there, done that. Got a t-shirt with a big old Scarlet Letter on it.

Those were the same lines Daehyun had taught her to use so they could be alone after class.

They both turned to the sound of her laugh. Yuri looked like she wanted to murder her, whereas Daehyun looked ashamed.

"Maybe next time Ms.Ahn. I have some matters to attend to."

Jungkook came bouncing down to Raine with a smile. "For lunch today I say Kimbap and Jajangmyeon."