Chapter Thirty Two: The New Roommate

"Is this hers?" Teahyung held up the marble notebook Raine kept her notes. Jungkook leaned against the wall, watching him while Jimin sat quietly on the bed, texting.

"Everything on the desk is hers." He replied in a hushed tone. As Taehyung packed the books in a box, Jungkook's heart went in, right along with them. "Is she living with you now?"

Tae sighed as he arranged the textbooks in the box. "No. I'm moving in with Jimin. Raine found somewhere else to live."

"Where?" Jungkook pushed off the wall and walked the short distance to stand by Tae, who gave him a sympathetic look.

"I can't tell you that." Raine would kill him if he did, and he didn't fancy being on her bad side at the moment. "She asked me not to tell you. I'm sorry."

"Why won't she talk to me? If she loves me, then why won't she talk to me? Why are you here instead of her?"

"Because you hurt her." Jimin finally spoke up from his spot on the bed. The truth was that he was vexed with Jungkook as well. He had spent all morning on the phone with an infuriated Namjoon, who claimed he got a call in the middle of the night from Jungkook drunk and belligerent. He had no choice but to get out of bed to pick the younger one up and get him home. They later argued when Jungkook refused to get up for work that morning. He had told Namjoon to mind his business and all but kicked him out of the apartment.

Namjoon swore to Jimin it would be the last time he dealt with Jungkooks' drunken behavior. He apologized to Jimin but made it clear he wouldn't be around to watch Jungkook self-destruct again. Jiae had also come to Jimin about the tiff she and Jungkook had and asked him to watch over her brother. Now Jimin was entirely responsible for a grown man who shouldn't be acting like a child in the first place.

But Jungkook was his brother, and he'd stick with him even when he disapproved of Jungkook's decisions. Especially this entire ordeal with Raine.

Jungkook turned his eyes to Jimin, gritting his teeth in aggravation. "I told you nothing happened." He repeated for the hundredth time since being caught with Yuri. "I didn't sleep with the girl. Why won't anyone believe me?"

"Would you have believed her? If the shoe was on the other foot, would you have believed Raine?" Taehyung asked as he placed other small items he knew belonged to Raine in the box. Jungkook looked away, knowing that if he was being truthful, the answer was no. He wouldn't have believed her and done exactly as she had. "I didn't think so."

Taehyung finished up in Jungkooks room and left to finish packing up Raine's room.

Jungkook threw himself on the bed face down and grunted into a pillow. Jimin patted his back for moral support. "It'll be fine. Give her time."

Jungkook lifted his head to look at Jimin. "You keep saying that! I have given her time! She still won't talk to me!" He smashed his face into the pillow again and mumbled. "I've tried everything. I even showed up at the restaurant yesterday."

He waited outside all afternoon. Through the large window of the restaurant, he could see Lena behind her podium and Jiae bussing tables, but there was no sign of Raine. Not until the five o'clock shift change, that Jungkook saw her walk out onto the sidewalk with Jiae.

After explaining the recent events to Yoongi, Raine had asked him to put her on plating duty for the time being. He gave her a spiel about not running away from her problems and facing them head-on but didn't force her to wait tables. In a short time, Yoongi had become a confidant of sorts. An unbiased party who sometimes helped her navigate through the more complicated dilemmas she was facing. He was a great boss but an even better friend.