Chapter Twelve: Party Party Yeah

A/N:⬆️THAT SONG UP THERE SHOULD BE PLAYED TOWARDS THE END OF THE CHAPTER. YOU'LL SEE THE SPEAKER 🔊EMOJI WHERE IT STARTS. UP TO YOU IF YOUD LIKE TO PLAY IT WHILE READING 😊

💜

Jungkook stood there awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck as Raine and Taehyung embraced each other excitedly. Raine pulled back first, looking at her friend with elation. She ran her hands through his hair in awe. "Your hair has gotten so long!"

He pulled away and fixed the mess she had made of his hair. "Well, the European girls dug it." He shrugged with a unique grin.

Just then, Jimin walked through the open door of the apartment. He looked between the pair, talking happily, only sparing him a glance and then continuing with their moment. Jimin excused himself as he walked around them towards Jungkook.

Jimin was always his saving grace. One Jungkook would have appreciated ten minutes earlier, but his savior, nonetheless.

"The best friend?" He whispered, pointing his thumb over his shoulder at them. Jungkook didn't think the whispering mattered. They were so chatty back there that they probably couldn't hear anything. "I see what you were talking about." He laughed, walking into the kitchen.

"Huh?" Jungkook didn't know what the hell Jimin meant by that. He never mentioned a single word of her best friend to him.

"Nothing." He mumbled with a smile as Raine entered the kitchen while telling her friend to sit down on the other side of the counter. He set a brown bag on the counter before taking a seat.

Jimin draped an arm over her shoulder as she spoke and nodded along with whatever she was saying. The action rubbed Jungkook the wrong way, remembering how close Jimin was the night of the party. Raine stopped talking and looked over at him with an annoyed expression. "Can I help you?" Her friend smiled, watching their interaction.

"You're not going to introduce me? I'm practically your boyfriend." He joked with a sly grin.

"Ah! Jungkook!" Taehyung clapped his hands and pointed at Jimin like he had just figured everything out. Jungkook's eyes almost fell out of their sockets.

Raine quite literally wanted to die. She wanted the floor to open into a fiery pit of hell and drag her and Taehyung down.

Amusement was evident on Jimin's face. He had liked Raine, but it was clear something was going on between her and Jungkook. He had no problem taking a step back. Plus, it was a lot more fun and less awkward from where he stood now. He wasn't nervous around her anymore because he wasn't trying to impress her. Which left ample room to annoy the living daylights out of Jungkook by flirting with her.

"No, I'm Jimin. That's Jungkook." He said, pointing at Jungkook, who was leaning against the fridge. Taehyung's eyes danced over Jungkook and he nodded slowly.

"Ohhhh, that makes so much more sense."

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

He didn't have time to ask as Taehyung leaned over to shake his hand. "Taehyung." He introduced himself with a firm shake.

"What does that mean?" Jimin asked for him. Jungkook could tell he was enjoying this too much.

Taehyung looked over at Raine and smirked. Jimin unwrapped his arm from her shoulder to shake Taehyung's hand. "Dark hair, tattoos, the whole Girl Interrupted thing."

Girl Interrupted?

"Oh my god, Tae! Shut the fuck up!" Raine was regretting inviting him over. It'd been so long since she'd seen him that she forgot he didn't have a filter. She had enough of a hard time looking at Jungkook. Now she could add utter embarrassment to the list of reasons why.