🚨🔞Chapter Twenty Three: Hugh, The Fiddle Leaf Fig🔞🚨

Jungkooks' alarm woke him for work that morning. Upon reaching out to cuddle with Raine for another five minutes, he found he was alone.

He sat up on his elbows, his hair falling over his eyes as he looked around his room for her. The smell of what he was assuming to be breakfast filled the air and instantly made his stomach growl. If there was ever a sure way to pull that man out of bed, it was with food.

Jungkook got up and, after brushing his teeth, walked into the living space. He saw Raine in the kitchen, still wearing his T-shirt as she worked over sizzling pans. "Perfect, you're up." She smiled at him through the kitchen opening. "Sit. So you can eat before you get ready for work." Raine motioned to a stool with her spatula.

Jungkook looked around the room to make sure she was talking to him. "You're making me breakfast?" He asked, pointing to himself.

Raine rolled her eyes. "No, I'm making myself breakfast but now that you're here. It would be rude not to offer you any." It was a lie. She was making him breakfast. Blame it on the guilt and shame of having lied to him and then using him to her benefit for comfort. "Sit." She said more sternly.

Jungkook took a seat, battling the smile that threatened to break. She'd made him soup once, but that was different. He'd been a mess then so she probably felt like he couldn't do for himself. Today she made enough breakfast for him, just so that he'd leave for work on a full stomach.

Raine piled food onto a plate for him as he watched her with admiration. He couldn't remember the last time someone took the time to do that for him. Jiae made dinner often, but that was for the entire household, and it sure didn't make him feel as special as this breakfast had.

After Raine served him, she got him a cup of coffee. Exactly how he liked it. Black, strong, and with exactly two and a half spoonfuls of sugar. When had she learned how he took his coffee?

Jungkook stared at the spread before him as Raine sat in front of him with her own plate. She watched him stare down at the food, which made her self-conscious about what she had made.

"Is it okay?" She asked, looking at his plate as well. Jungkook finally looked up and grinned.

"It's perfect. Thank you."

She sat through him devouring his breakfast. Those happy hums of approval that he always emitted when he thoroughly enjoyed his food inflated her ego and made her blush.

"Thank you," He said again as he got up to collect their empty plates and mugs. "Don't touch these," he placed the dishes inside the sink. "I'll do them when I get home." He then headed into the shower and Raine to her room to clean.

Even though she hadn't stayed there all week, her clothes were scattered all over the room. It also needed a dusting. It was unlike her to let her room get so messy and out of hand. She lived with a drill sergeant her entire life. Amaro would lose his mind if he knew that her bed hadn't been made in a week.

Jungkook peeked his head in to see her wiping down the mirrored dresser. Raine looked over at the wavy-haired cutie peeping into her room. He had that uniform she loved on. One look at that tie made her blush at the memory of all the fun ways they'd used it. "You're leaving?"

"Not for another twenty minutes," He said, coming in and closing the door behind him. "I just got off the phone with Namjoon. He said he might tag along with us tonight."

Raine frowned. She had been wondering what excuse she could use to avoid going out. "Oh, I don't think I'm going tonight."

"What? Why?"

"Last night was a lot. It was too packed in there." She lied. "I don't think I can handle it two nights in a row."

Jungkook nodded in agreement. It had been extremely crowded. People practically shoved them around as they danced their only song of the night. Still, he would've liked for her to join him.