Chapter 17

"I'm going to miss you" I frowned as i hugged Brett. My parents, Jake, Brett and I, were standing at the entrance of the airport, suitcases in hands.

"The feelings mutual" He smiled and hugged me back before letting go.

"Come to Miami soon eh?" I pleaded. I had grown pretty close to Brett ever since Liz and him were together.

"I'll try, but it's hard you know? With work and all" He tone turned serious.

"Yeah true" I nodded.

"Oh well we'll see you soon honey, always remember we're here for you" My mum gave Brett a tight hug and my dad shook his hand.

"You're like my big brother now, so of course we will" Jake hugged Brett, it was one of those man hugs.

"Brett, my husband and I have to board our separate plane to work but we'll keep in touch"

"Of course, have a safe flight" Brett nodded his head.

My mum and dad gave us a final wave and then they were off, walking towards the plane that would separate us for the next few months.

I turned my head to Brett. "Stay strong, I know you can"

"I know, but I'm always going to be broken" He sighed.

"Avery we have to go now too" Jake spoke next to me.

"Take care of your sister Jake, keep her close" Brett said to Jake.

Jake nodded his head. "I know the dangers" A flash of unspoken words were in his eyes.

"And if both of you have any problems, you tell me, no matter what" Brett spoke in all seriousness.

"Got it" I smiled at him.

"Man I'm going to miss you" Jake shook his head and gave Brett another hug.

"I'm going to miss both of you" Brett pulled us into a group hug and laughed.

"Bye Rett" I laughed.

"See ya Bro" Jake nodded.

"Till next time" Brett smiled.

Jake and I turned around to board a plane that would take us back to Miami and back to the place, where all my troubles lay. I fell asleep for most of the flight and woke up an hour before we landed.

"Thanks" Jake said to the taxi driver and handed him the money for the fee.

We both walked in our house, it was eerily quiet for a Saturday. We stayed an extra day because Mum got sick and couldn't catch a plane home.

"Gee can it get an any quiter?" I joked, walking up the stairs.

"Yeah I'm surprised Austin's music isn't blaring"

Jake's sentence reminded me that, tonight was the night that Austin was throwing me that welcome home party. I had to tell him, but I was too scared too, he hated Austin with a passion what was I doing going to his house? The bell rung bringing me out of my thoughts.

"I'll get it!" We both raced to the door but because i was way closer to it than him, i beat him making him retreat with an annoyed face.

"Whatever" He laughed and walked to his room.

I opened the door to see Austin standing there with his hand on the wall. "Hey" I smiled.

 "Well hey, I thought you were coming home yesterday?" Austin looked confused.

 "Oh yeah sorry, my mum got sick and couldn't board the plane" I shrugged it off.

 "Is she okay now?" He asked.