Chapter 25

"Toy story" I paused. "Click" Pause-

"And fast and furious?" Adam cut my short pause. We were in the video place renting 3 movies to watch before Adam's shift at racing. He knew me to well.

"You know me to well" I smiled as i picked up fast and furious out of the old movie box. They still had the movies Toy Story and Click in the pile which surprised me.

Adam payed the money to rent the movies and we were in his car once again. His amazing Lexus LFA.

------------

"Oh my god! that's so sad" I grabbed another tissue and wiped my eyes when i saw Andy leave his favourite toys in the care of a happy little girl that he knew would take good care of them. I saw Adam in the corner of my eye who had absolutely no emotion.

I slapped his leg. "Ow what was that for?!" He complained.

"How are you not crying?" I asked as my arms gestured to the TV where scrolling credits were now shown.

He shrugged. "I don't cry in movies" He looked at me while nudging my shoulder. "I now know you do"

I wiped the tears away and looked away, when i did i saw the movie 'Titanic' in his pile of DVDs's. Wow his parents are amazing. I jumped up, got the dvd out and waved it in front of his face. "Have you seen this?" I asked.

"Nope" He shook his head.

My mouth fell open and he physically lifted his arm up to close it. I narrowed my eyes and spun on my heel to put the disc into the dvd player. Behind me he cleared his throat and chuckled. I turned around in my crouched position and looked at him with a questioning look.

I stood up when he did and cocked my head to the side. He got out his phone and showed me the time, this was when i cocked my head and grew even more confused. What was showing me the time going to do? Or was i completely oblivious to- Oh! right we had that race to go to.

"Oh" I said slowly while scratching the back of my neck sheepishly.

He rolled his eyes. "Yeah" He said as if i was stupid. I gave him a tight smile and stuck up my middle finger to his face. "Hey hey" He put my hand down. "Calm it bro"

"Okay, hang on" I laughed. I took the DVD that i just put in, out and returned it to its cover. Within two metres away i grabbed my bag and put my shoes on. It was 7:30pm and we had to be there by 8pm, to be honest my insides were jumping up and down with adrenaline. I don't know i just feel that i finally get to be part of racing, something that i've dreamed about being part of ever since i was like 10.

Now you wouldn't think someone who got straight A's, never got in trouble by the teacher, never got detention and didn't associate myself with drugs like most 17 year olds would do, would want to be involved in street racing, but surprise surprise i do. I guess it's because i get a kick out of doing something that i'm in control of.

When my brother finally told me he was not only dealing with street racing but was in with street fighting and dancing i couldn't help but feel; different. I felt like i had to change myself to suit the lifestyle of Jake. Meeting Austin was probably one of the best and worst things i've done, best because he made me feel wanted not that i didn't feel it, he also made me happy in a way no one could. Worst because when he stepped into my life, danger squeezed through as well.

I walked into his kitchen and started raiding it for food. "Come on" Adam called out from where i was guessing; the lounge room. I grabbed the closest thing to me which was a cookie jar and picked out the biggest cookie. As soon as i closed the lid i raced out and walked past Adam as he shut the front door.