Chapter 33

You know how after some tough situations a person will say I regret nothing? Well I do, I regret everything that happened last night. I just have this bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, it started when Austin left. It started when I knew that I wasn't going to be in his arms or holding his hand. When he left it was like I was being pulled along but something else was pulling me back so I just tore apart. We both agreed, I thought i'd be the one breaking the news but he was thinking it too.

Although I regret everything I know it's for the better. It's better that Austin and I are apart and not having the distractions of each other. This way I won't die at the age of 17 almost 18 and Austin can deal with his business easier and quicker. As long as we are sure and show that we don't love each other no one will get hurt. So to sum it all up, breaking up was the best thing to do.

I sat up in my bed and as the sheets feel to my waist Jake came barging in. "I told you to stay away from him! It was bad enough you were friends but last night just proved you were more"

I opened my mouth to talk but Jake took another step towards me and kept talking. "You know I thought that you two were together, It was clear to me but then I thought, why would she want to break my trust, why would she not listen to me? So I let it go and didn't say anything, I can't believe it"

Jake yelled at me, he never had before. I looked at him, how funny is it? The fact that Jake was proved to be right about me and Austin just when we broke up. It was funny but sad.

"I honestly don't know what to say" I shook my head as the tears from last night caught up to me again.

"Don't say anything" Jake turned on his heel and slammed the door after he stormed out.

I lost my brothers trust, over a guy. What brainless person am I? I don't think I stopped to think that maybe what Jake warned me about was dangerous and true. My phone buzzed next to me so I leaned over to see who messaged me.

Brett: Go on skype

Brett knew I couldn't message international and the fact that he was someone I could talk to, brought a smile to my lips. I threw the sheets of me and walked over to my desk where my laptop was. My laptop was already on so I was logged onto skype in no time.

It took a while till Brett called me. "Hey A- woah are you crying?" His face suddenly went close to the camera and his face made me laugh. I wiped the tears from my face.

"I'm not even going to try make an excuse i'll tell you later, how are you?" I asked and changed the topic. He knew what kind of 'how are you' I was aiming for.

"I'm good, she'd want me to move on so I am, slowly" He nodded and smiled.

"Have you thought about finding someone?" It's been five months since Liz died and as much as I didn't think Brett's found another girl, I just had to ask the question.

"No, i'm busy with work and I just haven't gotten over Liz yet" He shook his head and looked down but looked up again at me. "Enough of me, why were you crying?"

"Well I guess you could say boy troubles?" I shrugged.

"What happened?" He asked.

"5 months ago" I paused because saying it reminded me of Liz. "Austin Gray asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes, to this day a lot of things have happened but last night we broke up, Jake only found out then and isn't talking to me anymore" I sniffed as my nose began to block up from crying.

"Why did you tell me?" Brett asked slowly. "I would've helped you, but when you say 'we broke up' do you mean you both agreed on it?"

I nodded. "Yeah it was only 5 months and yeah I loved him but it was too dangerous"