Chapter 6

"No" I said in a bored tone.

"Do you like Austin?!" Taylor squealed in my ears for the zillionth time. Not that zillion was a word or anything.

"No" I gave Taylor a dull face. "Stop asking"

"She's been here for a under a week, and you're already harrassing her on who she likes" Conor rolled his eyes and Taylor.

"Yeah! What he said" I said jerking my thumb in Conor's direction. We were standing at my locker where Taylor came and bombarded me with questions just because Austin took me home. Along with her was Conor, Scarlett and James. My parents had left 2 days ago. Yes okay i like to think random thoughts, don't judge. They left after numerous rules and goodbyes but most of all 'be carefuls' which in my opinion i don't think Jake new those two words. Before i knew he was in a gang, yeah i knew he got up to no good..alot but i never knew he was involved in car racing, street dancing or even fighting!

I'm glad he told me though so now i know who Jake really is, i used to think of him as a boy that got in enough trouble to be in juvie for life. Now i think of him as someone who needs to express and show things in a different way.

"Ave?" Click. Click. 

I shook my head clearing my thoughts on Jake. "Yeah? Sorry" James was snapping his fingers in front of me.

"The bell rang..." Scarlett trailed off. Looking at me as if i was crazy.

"Right. Sorry i always think of something random then get caught up with it" I brushed it off with a short laugh.

"Okay then" Conor stuck an eyebrow up.

"How about this?" James slung an arm around me as we began walking to homeroom. "Avery Collins, the random chick on drugs" He put a hand out in the air as if painting it on.

"How about this?" I said. "James Harper, the messed up guy with no life" I copied his hand movement.

"Yeah funny one Collins" He looked at me briefly and winking before looking forward.

"I quite like it, don't you guys?" I said looking behind and laughing.

"It's amazing" Scarlett and Taylor laughed.

"Suits him" Conor chuckled.

James and I walked into homeroom, saying a brief 'see you later' to Scarlett, Conor and Taylor. We sat at the back, because you know, we're back seat bandits. The teacher wasn't here yet, of course, so James and I started talking.

"So you're going to your brothers race tonight?" James turned to face me.

"Yeah, i'm bringing my friends Maddy and Sarah" I said. Then a wild idea popped in my mind, i could so hook Sarah up with James. They would like each other. James had dirty blonde hair and blue eyes, he was really attractive. He was tall and had a pretty good build. Mwahahahahhaa

"Cool. He always wins" James exaggerated the 'always'

"Really? Well i never knew he was into car racing, until now" I laughed. I didn't mention that he was in a gang or into fighting and street dancing just in case he didn't know. I couldn't risk it. Not now, not ever i mean like what if he didn't know then he told everyone, then the gang find out? yeah i'd be dead like literally buried alive 6 feet underground. Dun dun duunnn. 

"Wow someone's been kept in the shadows" James laughed. 

"Sadly. So are you going?" I asked him.

"Shit yeah! i always go it's like a weekly thing for everyone" He shrugged at the end.

"Austin Gray" The teachers voice snapped both of us from our talking. Austin GrayI looked behind me where the oh so beautiful Austin Gray sat, but as sooon as we made eye contact, yesterday afternoon flashed back so i quickly turned around, biting my lip.

"Well of course i'm here miss" Austin deep voice spoke with a hint of amusement.

"Austin this is the first time you've come to school, two days in a row" The teacher, Miss Perry rolled her eyes. Everyone in the class laughed including me, i might as well act like everyone else to accomplish my plan.

"Touche" 

"Avery Collins" 

"Here" I said aloud.

"Here" A voice followed shortly after me, and yes it was Austin. He managed to pull a very lame excuse of a girls voice. I ignored him. 

"James Harper" 

"Yep" James smiled.

"Let's goooo" I jumped up once the bell rang indicating first period.

"Okay okay" James jogged to catch up with me. 

"Avery" A deep voice said behind me. I ignored it.

"Avery" Ignore.

"Avery" Ignore. Grr, why couldn't he just leave me alone?

"Uh Ave, Austin's kind of calling your name, like behind you" James laughed.

"Avery" I took a deep breath and spun around quickly. Due to my sharp turn i knocked into Austin who was right behind me. My face hit his muscled chest. I looked up into his bright green eyes, shining with mystery.

"Yes?" I stepped back. I turned my head to the spot James would've and should've been but to my despair he wasn't there. He is so dead.

"What's up?" Austin asked smiling his jaw dropping smile.

"Uhm the sky?" I said sarcastically, looking up at the ceiling then looked at him smiling as if i didn't care he was here. 

"Thanks for that Captain obvious" He rolled his eyes. "Let me re-phrase it, What are you doing tonight?" 

My breath caught in my throat, he, he, Austin Gray was asking me what i was doing tonight? I mean like we're talking about the most popular guy a.k.a the 'bad boy' of the school. 

"I'm going to my brothers race of course" 

"Yeah i know, what are you doing after it?" He asked again smirking. Oh no i did not like his idea, he was not going to do any tricky business with me. No.

"I'm probably going to be going out with my friends or something" I said turning him down, and let me tell you it was a very hard thing to do.

"Oh that's a shame, i was really hoping to spend some time with you" He looked straight into my eyes, making me flinch from his gaze.

"Uh-huh, im sure you were" I nodded my head. I attempted, again i say i attempted to turn around but when i tried, a hand grabbed my wrist causing me to turn around again to face Austin.

"Please" He asked again pouting.

"No" 

His hand moved to my hand, so my hand was enclosed in his, they were warm and felt as if they belonged. "Please, just this one night and if you don't like it, then you can leave" 

I bit my lip and looked down at our in-twined hands. "Okay, but" I said and stopped.

"But?" He questioned, but smiled.

"I don't want any tricky business, or anything like that" I looked back up.

"I promise" I searched his eyes for any trace that he was lying, but came up with nothing.

He let go of my hand and instantly it felt cold. "See you tonight, after the race" He winked, turned around and walked the other way. I turned around myself and smiled widely. 

FAN

VOTE

COMMENT

-Tabby :)