Chapter 18

What Austin just said touched my heart, maybe he was easy to change, it just took a few different words on the other hand he could be a smooth liar. It wasn't like him to say something like that.

Before i think we both knew it, we started leaning in, well he started moving his head down to mine, my lips slightly parted and i could feel his hot breath on my face. We almost kissed, almost, until i broke the spell by moving my head.

"Austin, i think it's best i go home" I slowly got up from his bed. "Thanks for lunch, text me the details for tonight yeah?" I smiled. It was best i go home, to stop anything that would've happened if i stayed there any longer. Things got hot and intense from the closeness and aura that built up but the last thing he said made us feel a little too much comfortable.

"Uh yeah sure" Austin looked like he snapped out of a daze.

With that i walked out of his room feeling a little bit awkward, i said a quick good bye and thanks to his mum and walked out of his house. I stopped just as i reached the side walk, i didn't feel like going home i needed time to think and so i decided to go for a walk.

I ended up in the last place i expected myself to go, i was at the place where i first saw my ultimate crush and brother race. Well of course it's changed, at night it was full of road blocks and closed shops, but now in this perfect strip of road it was alive and normal. There was no trace of street racing, no one would've guessed that people race here, well maybe except the police.

I walked into my favorite ice cream shop Ben & Jerrys to get ice cream when i saw Kyle. Now that was something i didn't expect, i thought he'd be lounging around at home or working on cars with the rest of Jake's gang.

"Hey sugar plum" I said as i approached Kyle who was behind the counter.

"Hey pumpkin" He smiled and looked surprise. We both have nicknames for each other.

"Why must you call me that?" I scrunched my nose, to be honest i hated being called pumpkin.

He shrugged. "I've always wanted to call someone pumpkin and besides why do you call must you call me sugar plum?" He rolled his eyes.

"Touche brother touche" I agreed and laughed.

"Right. So cookie dough flavor?" Kyle asked although he already knew it was my favourite flavor and i was obviously going to order it.

"Please" I smiled. He got the ice cream scooper that was in a bowl and scooped up a massive ball of cookie dough ice cream, just how i liked it.

"On the house" He said as he passed me the ice cream cup with a spoon.

"You sure?" I asked taking a spoonful of ice cream.

"Hundred and ten percent" He smiled.

"Thanks sugar plum" I rolled my eyes. "Can we hang out?" I asked, i haven't seen Kyle for a while, i only spoke to him over facebook and skype.

"Sorry girly, Kyle doesn't get time off, even for girlfriends" A guy around his late 30's walked in behind the counter, his nametag said his name was Vince and it said he was the manager.

"Oh i'm not his girlfriend" I laughed.

"Really?" He sounded surprised. "Well that's a first, usually my employeers have their girlfriends coming over" When he said that all the guys that had their shifts glared at Vince.

"Wow that must be a pain" I nodded my head.

"It is" Vince sighed.

"Oh well i'll let you get back to work, call me after kay?" I asked looking at Kyle. "And thanks for the ice cream"