Chapter 2

Beep beep. Beep beep.   

My alarm went off and i rolled over to turn it off. I opened my eyes and tried to stand up but i couldn’t, i flopped back down. I’m so tired. I picked up my phone and checked for messages or calls. I had none, but of course who would call or message at 6 in the morning? I decided i should get up and have a shower. I made my bed and yawned.

Having finished un packing my stuff last night at 10pm my room was done. I walked to my bathroom and locked the door, i stripped and stepped into the warm shower. Shampooing and conditioning my hair i stood in the shower for a minute before i got out. I moisturized my face before layering a small amount of foundation on, applied mascara and a bit of lip gloss before walking out to my wardrobe. I put on my bra, underwear, grey skinny jeans with rips, a white loose top and converses.

“Breakfast!” My dad called. He decided to make breakfast since it was my first day at a new school. I ran down and took a seat next to Jake.  

“I’ll clean up” I said once everyone had finished their food. I began to stand up.

“It’s alright honey, i’ll clean up” My mum stood up and began clearing the plates.  

“Thanks”  

“So am i still dropping you off at school?” Jake turned to me.  

“Yup” I got up and watched tv since it was only 7:30 and we had to be at school at 8:30 so that gave me half an hour because i wanted to be there early.  

I thought back to yesterday afternoon when Jake told me he was in a gang. How long has he been in one for? If he’s done all those things that we know, what things has he done that we don’t know about?  

“Ready?” Jake asked from behind me. I jumped a little frightened.

“Jake, you scared me!”   

“Boo hoo” He rolled his eyes.

“Come on”  We walked out to his car and since i haven’t got one i had to take rides with him, he was having a gap year so it was okay.  

“Okay remember be careful of the gang you’ll notice them and there’s a lot of bitches” Jake spoke as i looked at myself in the small mirror. I looked fine but i wasn’t beautiful.  

“And because you’re pretty you’ll be a target to the popular chicks”   I looked at my brother with my brow raised even though he was meant to be looking at the road he turned to me and chuckled.  

“I’m not pretty” I stated crossing my arms.  

“Yeah you are, now drop it i’m your brother it’s gross talking about it”   

I wrinkled my nose. “Fine”  

“We’re here” In front of me sat the last high school i would ever attend, people roamed the car park and sat on the hoods of their cars.  

“Great” I mumbled getting out.  

“I’ll walk you in”   

I began to protest when he cut me off. “I want to see some old friends” 

We walked through the gates and headed towards the office. Around me some people looked and guys checked me out to which i blushed.  

“Jake!” A group of guys to my left held there hands up and grinned. I recongised them from yesterday. It was Damon, Reece, Caleb, Liam and Kyle.  

“Hey man” Jake said as he reached them, he did the guy hug with them all.  

“Hey Avery” They smiled. They remembered me? Impressive.