Chapter 7: Meeting the Shortstop

The plane lands in Nashville, Deagan and Troy are getting off their flight. Walking hand in hand and making their way to baggage claim, Deagan can't help but feel a little nervous since she does have Troy with her. She probably wouldn't feel the way she does if Troy wasn't with her. After getting their suitcases, rolling behind them, Deagan slowly sees her parents come into focus. As they get closer, Deagan sees her brother.

          "Oh honey, it's so nice to see you," her mother chirps, pulling Deagan in for a hug. "We've missed you so much."

          "This is Troy...he's the shortstop for the LA Dodgers," Deagan says pulling away from her mom and introducing her boyfriend. Putting out his hand as both Deagan's mom and dad shake it.

          "Hey I haven't seen you in person for quite some time," Jesse, her brother says hugging her.

          "Where have you seen me?" Deagan pulls away from the hug laughing.

          "Online, on the news," he smiles, "in lingerie catalogs," whispering. "Which mom and dad don't know about yet."

          "The fact that you're looking at a lingerie catalog that your sister models for is kinda disturbing but I'm going to let it slide but yeah, where's Emma?" Deagan asks not seeing Emma among them.

          "Well, someone didn't warn me they'd be in there and besides Amanda," Jesse's girlfriend, "was looking at it and pointed it out. And Emma's at Chase's. They're doing some music video or something today."