Chapter 59: Marriage Material

After about a nine-hour flight back to Tennessee, Deagan gets in a cab heading towards the restaurant. Getting out and paying the cabbie she tries the door handle, locked. Cupping her hands to her eyes, she peers inside the restaurant to see if anybody is in there. At about that time, the restaurant manager, covered in dirt and soot unlocks the door to let Deagan in.

          "Hey Deagan, I thought you weren't back for a few days."

          "Hi, no I wasn't supposed to be, but I'm worried about Chase. Is he here?"

          "Yeah, he's in the back," nodding to the back as he shuts the door, locking it back up.

          "Thank you," Deagan says patting his arm before walking off, analyzing the damages as she moves along.

          About the time Deagan gets to the back, Chase emerges from the back door, in some old jeans, an undershirt and his hat on backward. Poor Chase covered in dirt and soot from head to toe.

          "Hey, you're home early."

           "Yeah, I told you I was worried about you," crossing her arms.

           "I'm okay," Chase smiles leaning down and kissing her softly.

           "Have you slept yet?"

          "Mm no, you weren't home yet. I didn't have anyone to sleep with," Chase winks, wiping his hands off.

          "Yeah, you haven't. You're loopy when you get tired."

          "I'm a dad," Chase laughs. "I'm used to running on very little sleep."

          "Well, you're also working on a big project, and you need sleep babe."

          "Okay then, let's go home and get some sleep," Chase grins

          Getting back to Chase's place about an hour later, with the help of Deagan, Chase goes upstairs to shower. Deagan is starting his laundry. After turning the washer on she makes her way upstairs to Chase's room. Opening the door, she sees Chase passed out on the bed in his sweatpants. Running a hand through his hair, she leans down and kisses his forehead before pulling the covers over him.

           She sits down on the couch a few minutes later to text Corrine, letting her know what's going on.

          "Thank you again. He's a tired jumpy mess."

          "Don't worry about it. The photos look great. When this magazine comes out, he's probably going to want to marry you as soon as possible because you can pull off a wedding dress."

           "Oh yeah?"

            "Oh most definitely."