Chapter 72: Picture Perfect

Sitting in the bar area, just Deagan and Chase, Myah and Taylor hanging out with Uncle Cameron Chase looks around the table filled room. He watches the wait staff moving around the room, smiles on their faces dealing with tables swiftly and precisely. Then, he runs his eyes up and down the bar top. It packed with people also sipping on their drinks and enjoying the delicious food. He turns and watches the two bartenders, a male and female making drinks while communicating with the patrons. Finally, turning to Deagan as she pushes her plate away and takes a sip of her chocolate martini.

          "Ugh, I'm so full. I might have a food baby," she smirks. "The food was so good. It tasted like you crafted it."

         Chase smiles sliding a hand on her thigh and says, "Well I could have made you something, but you forbade me to cook tonight."

          "Yes, because this is you and your brother's night," she leans in and kisses him. "I wanted everything to go perfectly."

         "And it did," he pats her leg. "How come you changed the name?"

          "Are you mad?" Deagan frowns.

          "No, I'm not mad," he smiles.

          "I changed it because you needed something new. With the one back home you had that one with your late wife, and Cameron mentioned that a black cloud just hung over you there. I didn't want to close the other one cause I didn't think that was my place but I didn't want to anyway. This is all for you," Deagan smiles. "You needed a fresh start, and I thought this was perfect."

          Chase smiles sliding his hand on her thigh. "It is perfect," leaning over and kissing her softly.

          "I love you," Deagan says.

          "I love you too," he smiles.

           "Can I have everyone's attention?" Chase smiles speaking into the microphone on the stage—just like the restaurant in Tennessee. "Hi, good evening thank you all for coming and sharing your love for food and music like me. My name is Chase McCormick, and I just found out earlier that I own the place. Hence the name," Chase laughs as the patrons laugh too.

          "My girlfriend Deagan did this for me for my birthday. I'm a pretty damn lucky guy," Chase smiles. "Cooking and music have always been my passion, and I'm grateful that I can put the two together and share it with my kids, brother, and my girlfriend. Thank you, babe, for your continuous support and your support in the future. I love you," winking at her. "Thank you, everyone, enjoy the food and don't be afraid to get up and dance and enjoy the band," he winks.

          Everybody claps smiling as Chase walks over to Deagan sliding his hands on her neck and kissing her deeply. Myah and Taylor run over to them, pulling Deagan's hands.

          "Alright you four get together," Cameron says, holding his phone.

          Pulling away, Chase picks up Myah as Deagan lifts up Taylor as they all four smile at the camera. The shutter click noise goes off as Cameron walks over showing Deagan and Chase the picture.

          "Aww that's such a perfect picture," Deagan smiles.

          "Nah," Chase shakes his head, "it's picture perfect," leaning down and kissing Deagan once more, Chase having everything he ever wanted right in front of him.