Chapter 13: Little Charmer Brody

Troy is on the phone talking about some endorsement as Deagan is on her Twitter, drinking her coffee. She looks over, watching Chase walk back over to his family and also seeing her sister. Deagan watches Chase pick up his nephew even though she doesn't know that's his nephew. If she had to guess, the baby was probably six or seven months old. She starts to get this weird feeling that the baby could be Chase's, the baby looking like him.

          "Deagan!" she hears her name being shouted. "Come meet Chase's nephew," Emma says. She stands up and walks over, relieved to hear it's his nephew.

          "This is Brody, Chelsea's son," Chase smiles, Deagan noticing that Chase seems happier holding his nephew.

          Grabbing his little hand, "Well aren't you a cutie," Deagan says as Brody smiles hiding his face in Chase's chest.

          "He's a little shy sometimes," Chase smiles. "He's my little pal. Well, him and Paisley." Deagan smiles, thinking that Chase looks happy being an uncle, not noticing Brody is now reaching over for her. "Well, he likes you," Chase laughs.

          "Well hi," Deagan smiles. Brody getting a little fussy as Chase still has a hold of him.

          "Chase hand him to Deagan," Chelsea says smiling, glad to see Deagan and her brother close again.

          Deagan takes him, all smiles as he stops his fussing the moment he is in her arms. Sitting up a little he looks over at her, leaning over and placing his little lips to her cheek almost as if he is kissing her cheek.

          "Well, aren't you a little charmer," Deagan laughs as Brody smiles.

          "Hey, do you wanna get going?" Troy asks walking up to everybody, Deagan still holding Brody.

          "You got somewhere to be?" Chase asks sternly, not liking Troy.

          Giving Chase a look, she hands Brody back to him, "Yeah that's fine," answering Troy.

          "Okay well, I guess we will see you two later then," Chase states.

          And with that, Deagan and Troy depart.

          "Are you going to the baby shower later?" Deagan asks Troy as she is standing in front of the bathroom mirror brushing her wet hair, Troy lying on the bed on his stomach.

          "Well, I wouldn't know anybody."

          "It's called making new friends Troy."

          He looks over at her surprised, "Why do you want to go to the party at your ex-boyfriend's?"

          She turns away from the mirror, "It's for my brother. He's the one having a baby, regardless if it's at my ex's. It's called being an adult and pulling on your big girl panties and going. You're my boyfriend," Deagan says as she walks to the bed, leaning down and kissing Troy softly.

          "Okay fine I'll go," Troy smiles kissing her back.

          "It won't hurt you. Shoot, maybe somebody will stop you and talk baseball the whole time or ask for your autograph since you have had a lot of those since we got here."

          "I doubt that, but we'll see."

         "Thank you," Deagan smiles, kissing him a few more times.